The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Happy hour at Laguna Seeca

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Happy hour at Laguna Seeca

Post by wixwacing »

Bob kindly volunteered to hold an in-between meeting at his place this weekend. With there being five weekends those who have withdrawals accepted the challenge and the offer of an afternoon's racing on Bob's Ninco track. There were ten in attendance and of those, two were new to Bob's. Welcome to the group Mike, and welcome to Bob's, David.

There was some pretty patchy racing with the marshalls once again having it all to do. On more than one occasion pristine models leapt the catch fence to hit the floor with a sickening 'crack'. There was even an immaculate TVR in JCB livery which chose the short route to the concrete. The three classes called were SCX GT, Scalextric GT, and Ninco GT. The only rules were that the body and chassis had to be .

In the SCX event there was a distinct lack of direction and indecision. My board track prepared Aston Martin DBR9 was going well even though it had a sizeable lump of lead inside and MJK tyres on the back. Other models which were also rans were GT1 Porsches, Ferrari Enzos and more Aston Martins. Finally, the little Morgans stole the show and were hard to beat on the night.

Next up was the Scalextric class and once again a couple of Aston Martins looked invincible initially but Jordan set his canary powered GT3 on the track and sucked the power out of every one elses lanes!!! Eventually Chris won through and Paul had the audacity to beat me by 0.05 of a second after twelve minutes racing.

Last up was the Ninco race and this proved to be an eye opener. No suped up models or hot engines. Ninco were going to be hard to keep on without all that caper anyway. I took an Ascari which had been adapted to board but some frantic work the evening before saw it go well in four trouble free heats. Chris chose a JGTC and was hard to stay with. A lot of the guys chose to run a variety of models.

Unbeknown to the general riff-raff, Bob had decided to put up a couple of trophies for the more consistent. First (and well deserved) prize to Chris for a good performance across the board. Second prize was to Paul who, inspite having raced about thirty six different models, managed to sneek in front of me in the results.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
fly mike
Spectator

Re: Happy hour at Laguna Seeca

Post by fly mike »

thanks phil and bob,good racing, cool track, good people. mike