50%
18,000 rpm's
50%

Total votes: 8

kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: New Trophy class

Post by kenneth »

No worries Phil - i`ll see you at Pauls.
You will need a pinion - the shaft is 1.5mm , i have been swapping the pinions off the car i am exchanging the motor with - revells, mrrc etc.
BWA BWMS050 (FF-050) tested 14,145-14,702 RPM/12v
tested 63-71 gcm/12v, - 2.4W/12v
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Phil,

I have a spare I will bring down for you. They are a 1.5mm shaft. 9 tooth?

What is the motor rating of the normal ff can motors we find in the revells, monograms etc.

Regards

Egg
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

This is all i can find tested in terms of FF cans Out of the box spec.

MRRC Porsche 910 (FF-050) tested 21,721 RPM/12v
tested 120 gcm/12v, 6.5W/12v

Revell-Monogram slim can (FF-050) tested 19,200-20,244 RPM/12v
tested 131 gcm/12v, tested 6.4W/12v

Scalextric Moto Bike (FF-050) 18,000 RPM/12v, tested 22,731 RPM/12v
tested 139 gcm/12v, tested 7.9W/12v

Scalextric F1 (FF-050) 18,000 RPM/12v, tested 22,861 RPM/12v
tested 147 gcm/12v, tested 8.3W/12v

Scalextric Mini prototype (FF-050) 15,000 RPM/10v [18,000 RPM/12v]

Scalextric Sport Plus “green” (FF-050) 25,000 RPM/12v

Scalextric Sport Plus “black” (FF-050) 30,000 RPM/12v; tested 31,000 RPM/12v
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Hey guys, I am having difficulty finding a pinion that will fit those replacement motor shafts. Even the one from the Scaley motor is a lose fit on the new motor and broke the super glue gel I used to hold it in place. any ideas on where to get them?
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Was your scaley pinion off a scaley FF can?
If not scalextric make a spare part that fits F1 cars and Moto GP. They state for smaller shaft.
I have just tried a moto GP pinion on the new motors - not a firm fit but they fit.
You will need loctite even with the BWA pinions .
pinions for small shaft
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Just a reminder there are two days left to vote.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Because of the diversity of this class and the undecided motor regs, I have decided after some deliberation and confering with racers, on the following formula. In some eyes it may not be purist enough. But we hgave to consider the means of all the group when setting a class. So, with Can Am being the loose description of the class, I have applied the following guide lines,

1. Bodies will be 'hardbodied', (Plastic moulded, Resin moulded or metal)
2. Models will represent 1/1 'Spyder' and 'open sports' Can Am cars from inception to 1974. (See List)
3. Models will be true scale as close as possible and recognisable as such and will carry at least half a driver figure and steering wheel.
4. Motors are unrestricted and will be the motor that came with the model (see 6).
5. Motors will be readily recognisable and distinguishable. (On complaint, spurious motors will eliminate the model from the rankings (but not from racing)
6. Vanquish MG models with either the motor or NC2/NC5 motors will be accepted.
7. Wheels will be the wheels for that model.
8. Any make of tyre can be used, but must not excceed the tyre width.
9. No part of either front or rear wheels (inc tyre) may protrude from the body when viewed from above.
10. Models will have no more than four wheels.
11. Traction magnets are acceptable for plastic tracks. The magnet must NOT be able to support the model when inverted on a section of track similar to that used on race night.
12. Models will be able to carry unlimited extra weight in the form of ballast material.
13. Models will carry only one slot guide and two braids. No other part of the model, except the tyres, will touch any part of the track at any time.
14. Races will consist of four heats per race on four lane tracks and three heats per race on three lane tracks.
15. Total race time will be calculated as near as possible to twelve minutes. i.e. 4 X 3 minute heats or 3 X 4 minute heats. Based on the performance of a mid fielder.
16. Points will be awarded to compliant race finishers on the basis of 20 pts for 1st place, 19 pts for second, 18 pts for third etc. etc.
17. The race will be run over six rounds
18. Contestants’ BEST five rounds will be tallied for their final points total. This includes DNA’s*
19. The winner will be the driver who has accumulated the highest amount of points after adjustments at the end of round six.
20. There will be a trophy for highest points tally for best driver, overall class and a trophy for highest points tally for best driver, class B.
21. All other Slotcar Legends guidelines which do not contradict this class guide apply. Anything not mentioned in the guidelines will be deemed not applicable
*DNA – Did not arrive.

Please note, any model racing which, on complaint, is found to contravene the guidelines, will be eliminated from that days rankings. This will happen AFTER the event, so if you are racing for points, please ensure your model is compliant BEFORE the race

The guidelines will be subject to updating at short notice should any anomalies be encountered

Qualifying Models

Historic Can Am 1966 – 1974

McLaren M6/M8			Porsche 908			Lola T70 spyder
Porsche 917/10 spyder		Porsche 917/30 spyder		Shadow Mk2/3 
BRM P167			Chapparal 2E/G/H/J		Lola T160
Lola T163			Lola T260			Lola T310
Ferrari 612/P	                Porsche 917 spyder		March 707
McLaren M20			Lola T220                       Ferrari P4 Spyder		
Ferrari 712			Ferrari 330 P3/4 spyder	        Cooper Ford	
Shelby King Cobra           	Lola T162                       BRM P154			Ferrari 312P                    McLaren M12a
Lola T222                       Shadow DN2			Shadow DN4

If you have a model which is not on the list and you feel it should qualify, please send me the details.

kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Hey Bernie how about this, motor to be marked at the first round to ensure no engine swaos half way thru unless they fail on the track.
The same model has to be run in each round with no magnet regardless of track surface - eg wood or plastic. * no changing of model - eg you run the carrera m20 in every round, not a different model when you work out the one you picked is not so good.
Any scratch built vehicle - eg handmade independantly constructed vehicle to carry handicap of an extra 7 grams of ballast.
and also every winner of each round to carry a handicap into the next round of 7 grams ballast.
so if you run a scratch built and you win you carry 7 grams into the 1st round then 14 into the 2nd, you win again and then you carry 21 grams into the 3rd round - you get the idea.
This would ensure a varied field of winners and also the running of the same model through out the series.
This happens in 1:1 racing all the time .
Not much fun for anyone if the same people are on the podium all the time.
Trophies mean nothing if the same people win them twice a year in twice a year out, fixed claas or not - once again - do we really need trophies!!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

You will find a comprehensive list of every race & every entrant for each race per year even spectator number per race from 1966 to 1986, every race every year every car ever entered, even if they didn`t start.
Some how can`t find a Ferrari 312 of any description.
http://www.classicscars.com/wspr/result ... _home.html
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

In regards to the cars eligible for the class I believe the Slot-It Ferrari 312 should not be allowed to race for 2 reasons. One is that Slot-It cars are superior to all other cars that would be suitable for the class therefore making most other cars redundant, even when the Slot-It is fitted with a 18,000rpm Mabuchi. And secondly, the class is a Can Am class. The Ferrari never ran in a Can Am class or in a Can Am race. So it's not a Can Am car.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

After hearing all sides of the argument (from Jordan!) I am ruling nothing in and nothing out at this stage. What I think we will do is have a trial run of the class after the Mustang series finishes. This will demonstrate what is or isn't potentially dominant. I am also thinking of having people nominate the car(s) they will drive and they must then stick to them for the series. One other adjustment. because of the great variety of MG Vanquish models available and because they are only Ninco-esque in their abuse of scale and their motor is slower than an NC5 (Jordan will qualify that statement), I feel it would be unjust not to include them, and.... I will allow an NC5 upgrade and a solid rear axle providing they have plastic wheels or same size alloys with appropriate inserts! (Allan and Norm!)

Lastly, due to a typo (if you believe it) the model Ferrari 312P should read 512 S (spyder)

kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

NINCO NC-5 (FK-180) [16,216 RPM/12v] 20,000 RPM/14.8v, tested 20,930-21,638 RPM/14.8v
Vanquish MG no label (FK-180) tested 15,234 RPM/12v tested 166 gcm/12v, 6.3W/12v
Vanquish MG "FK-180SH KD103310" (FK-180) tested 17,944 RPM/12v tested 195 gcm/12v, 8.7W/12v

If you are brave enough to run an MRRC Can-Am Car -
MRRC Porsche 910 (FF-050) tested 21,721 RPM/12v tested 120 gcm/12v, 6.5W/12v - this motor is the same motor in the King cibra and any others that are carrying the FF slim can.

If you are gonna run a Slot.it Alfa - still don`t think you shoukd tho!!
Slot.It V12/3 “orange endbell” (FC-130) 21,500 RPM/12v; tested 22,500-23,766 RPM/12v