A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Racing, racing, racing!!!

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Racing, racing, racing!!!

Post by wixwacing »

A note in from Glen and Q32:

Who wants to have some fun,...... I can’t hear you. Who wants to have some real fun? Well come on down to Big Al’s and Jacqui’s on Saturday the 7th of November for some real fun and high jinx. Slot car racing and male nudity optional. You can start arriving at 2pm for a 4pm race start. Classes for the 2nd last race meeting of the Q32 calendar are:

Rally Group 1

NASCAR

Slot-it Modern GT

This is primarily for the modern GT type cars and not the Group C cars. The cars that Slot-it produce are Ferrari F40, Nissan R390, McLaren F1 GTR, Audi R8. Like all Q32 classes if you do not have a car that complies to the class guidelines you can run a similar car from a lesser (generally slower) class. That means if you have a Scaley or Fly etc car like the F40, Maserati MC12 and so on then you can run it. Also a modern GT car that fits the class and is fitted with a HRS chassis can also run.

Any questions please just ask.

Perro

See you there!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Re: Racing, racing, racing!!!

Post by Eggmeister »

Gents,

Apart from the f40's, masseratti's, mclaren's what are the other types of car that can be raced in Modern GT.

Is there a list anywhere.

Regards

Egg
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Just my understanding, don`t quote me - ask Perro.
If its a RTR slot.it - Audi R8, Nissan R390, F40, Mclaren F1 GTR - all these cars are GT1 except the F40 which would fit in a GT2 class or there abouts and because of it`s era would the cars in the same years qualify as well??
i would figure a guess at these off the top of my head.
Porsche GT1 `98
Maserati MC12
Toyota GT1
Pagani Zonda F
Lambo Gallardo & Murcielago,
F50
Ford GT ( like ninco with the wing)
Porsche GT2
Aston DBR9
Viper
Mercedes CLK GTR GT1
Sunred SR21
TVR Tuscan 400R, TVR Speed 12
Saleen S7R
Corvette C5R & C6R
Marcos LM600
Lister Storm
Panoz Esperante GT1
BMW M3 GTR
VENTURI 400,500,600,
Bugatti Veyron???
don`t know if Japanese GT fit in here like the 350 and Skyline,
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Jordan is pretty well right there but the list can go on. It's a bloody Modern GT class afterall which we have only been racing for over 13 years now but is primarily for Slot-it cars. So please please please try and comply with the intent of the class and enter a Slot-it car rather than a non Slot-it however, if you don't have one what I said in the post stands. Oh and no JGTC. Slot-it cars are banned from our other race classes but this is a class exclusively for them. Other makes or in this case, lesser cars, will be allowed to enter but due to the superior Slot-it performance I think a non Slot-it will only be there making up the numbers.

Perro
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Glen

I've only got the early LeMans Slot.its so hopefully an SCX F40 qualifies??

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Yes Phil the SCX F40 gets the ol'e thumbs up and would be in contention for points where as the Group C Slot-it car can run but would not be awarded points.

Glen
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Howdy

What about inserts ? I have an R8 with no inserts ! Will I get full points ?

Hope to make it this week end , miss you guys . ( sniff sniff )

Regards
Paul
Go hard or Go home
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

What about a small sedan with a grafted in slot it motor and some plasticard panel work to give some aerodynamic properties?
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

You bring that car Egg and not only can you race it, I'll offer to buy it from you.
methomann6868
Telemetry

Post by methomann6868 »

Hi guys im very new to slot car racing and would love to come and watch you guys race your cars. Is that aloud at all? To come and just watch and meet everyone. Would love to join in next year but not sure if i have the wright cars. I know you have a list up the top of all the cars that you can use. I just don`t understand all the different classes that you guys have. I have six cars,4 scalextric cars which are a 1V8 supercar, a wrx subraua imprezra, a castrol seat leon and a dodge viper. The other 2 cars are sideways racer slot cars. Please excuses the spelling. :grin:
Lets go Racing

Rhys McCormick
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Hi Metho,

Mate you are most welcome to come along and watch but even better why not join in and race with us. Bring whatever cars you have and newbies can virtually race whatever they have otherwise you are always most welcome to borrow any cars you need. Do you know where Alan's home is in Clontarf?
methomann6868
Telemetry

Post by methomann6868 »

No i don`t know Allan or where Allan`s place is. I will bring all my cars with me.I look forward to meeting everyone. Can someone please PM the details to me please. I might not get there until 3:30pm as i work on saturdays. Is there anything that i need to bring other than my cars? :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Lets go Racing

Rhys McCormick
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Hi Rhys, I have sent you Alan's address via the message system however if it does not work please let me know. His home has wheel tracks in the driveway that go all the way down beside the house if that is of any help once you have his address. Just wander down past the side of the house to the back yard and you will find the band of idiots back there. Just go in and say hi and you will be made to feel most welcome. We have a $10 racing and food fee which covers $5 for racing and $5 for food if you want to be fed which everyone always does. Bring your own drinks or you can buy softies for $1. I won't get there to about 7pm myself because I am working. Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Glen
methomann6868
Telemetry

Post by methomann6868 »

Hi guys i was just wondering whether it was acceptable if wives or girlfriends were aloud to attend your race meetings to watch? :grin:
As i will be bring my girl with me.
Lets go Racing

Rhys McCormick
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Yes mate but don't build it up as something special for them. Other than the fine display of the male form the night might be a bit slow for them but they are more than welcome to come along and if we can, we will coax them into driving as well.

Perro