The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Unmarked supercar regs and compliance.

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Unmarked supercar regs and compliance.

Post by wixwacing »

I had an hour or so to myself today and it occured to me to check up on a point of interest which cropped up on Saturday at Jordans regarding Slot.It motors. This relates to series guideline 5.

5. Motors can be any make but restricted to 18,000 rpm @ 12.0 volts.

The green end bell slot.it motor (part no. MX12) is rated at 19,500 rpm at 12v. I have confirmed this on the Slot.it site.

Check out
Slot.it Motors

This puts the motor outside the scope of the series and therefore using it will not accrue championship points. Fortunately, the computer cocked up and last saturdays results are forfiet. Had the computer not messed up I would have had to remove any non qualifying car points from the results. We don't scrutineer models and put their compliance on trust, therefore, the onus at all times is on the racer to ensure his model complies as compliance decisions will be made AFTER the event and the opportunity to rectify the non compliance will be lost along with its points.

Also, because the spirit of the event was to race Track going road cars and not road going track cars, in future trophy events there will be a specific list of Slotcar makes considered suitable. Hard I know, but the intent is to keep the playing field as level as possible especially for the bulk of the racers, and give them a reason to continue racing with Slotcar Legends.

I would not normally have mentioned this but this is the second time it has come to light. I admit to being guilty myself the first time and have taken steps to discourage its reoccurence.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!