A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Red Racer Hobbies Slotcar diary

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Red Racer Hobbies Slotcar diary

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all

Red Racer at Redcliffe (Clontarf to be exact) has published a list of their up and coming events. Unfortunately, Adrian has sent some of the details in a format not supported by the forum. Hopefully most of the detail is here, For further information call Adrian at Red Racer Hobbies on 3284 4888

FRIDAY NIGHTS LIGHTS 2009

This race series replaces our traditional Friday night V8 races and hopefully will be as close and enjoyable as its predecessor. Also breaking with tradition, we have created a number of new formats of race style, so that each fortnight there will something different to look forward to.

Cars that are eligible, are any late model Scalextric Touring car that is fitted, from the factory, with working headlights and tail lights. This means that Formula 1, A1GP and Indy cars are not eligible, nor are LMP cars, American classic muscle cars or classic sports cars. Below is a list of eligible cars, but I may have missed some, just enquire if think your car will be OK.

Alfa Romeo 159 – 007 Car
Aston Martin – 007 Car
Aston Martin DBR9
Seat Leon
Ferrari F430
BMW 320i
Mustang FR500
Dodge Viper
BMW Mini
Nissan Skyline JGTC
Maserati MC12
2009 Lamborghini Gallardo
Mercedes McLaren SLR
Ford GT (modern Ford GT40)
Porsche 911 GT3R
Maserati Trofeo
Opel Astra V8 Coupe
TVR T400C
Range Rover
2009 Jaguar XKR GT3
Alfa Romeo 159 Police Car
Aston Martin DBS Street
Nissan GTR 2009
Mercedes Benz Safety Car

Race Calendar
Test and Tune

10th July 2009

Racing, magnet parity testing.        No Points

Round 1        24th July 2009        Sprint Race 2 x 25 Lap Races        Overall 30 Points
Round 2        7th August 2009        Night Race 1 x 40 Lap Races        Overall 30 Points
Round 3        21st August 2009        Reverse Direction 2 x 25 Laps        Overall 30 Points
Round 4        4th September 2009        Speedway 20 Laps        Overall 36 Points
Round 5        18th September 09        Night Race 40 Lap Races        Overall 30 Points
Round 6        2nd October 2009        3 Hour Team Enduro        Overall 40 Points
Round 7        16th October 2009        Sprint Race 2 x 25 Laps         Overall 30 Points
Round 8        30th October 2009        Reverse Direction 5 Min. Heats        Overall 30 Points
Round 9        13th November 2009        Speedway 20 Laps        Overall 36 Points
Round 10        27th November 2009        3 Hour Team Enduro        Overall 40 Points

RACE FORMATS

Sprint Races

These are held in normal direction over 25 laps and there will be two rounds of 6 races on the night. Points will be allocated based on winning position as seen in the table above.

Night Races

These will be held in normal direction with most of the shop lights turned off and will be over 40 lap duration. Points as per table.

Reverse Direction

These will be run in reverse in Sprint Race format of two rounds of 6 races over 25 lap races. The track will be electrically switched to run in the opposite direction so no modifications will need to be done to cars. Points as per table.

Speedway

This night will start with a 2 lap qualifying section for every driver from a standing start. Points will be awarded based on your qualifying time. Fastest time gets 6 points, second fastest 5 points, third fastest 4, fourth fastest 3 points and all drivers within 5% quickest time gets 1 point.

Speedway racing will be shorter 20 lap races and only one round of races. Drivers will be rewarded points for their heat results. Points allocated as 1st – 3 points, 2nd – 2 points, 3rd – 1 points. At the end of all the heats, the top 12 pointscorers go into the two semi finals. Drivers names and lanes will be selected randomly for one 25 lap Semi Final Race. The first three drivers from the two Semi Finals go to the Grand Final race. Points for Semi Finals are 1st – 4 points, 2nd – 3 points, 3rd – 2 points, 4th – 1 point. Of the 6 drivers who get through to the Grand Final, the highest pointscorer gets to choose his or her lane. Second highest then chooses down to the lowest Finalist. Winner of Grand Final gets 8 points, 2nd – 6 points, 3rd – 4 points, 4th – 2 points and 5th and 6th get 1 point.

If a driver managed to get the best qualifying time, won all of his heats, semi final and the grand final, they would get 36 points.

3 Hour Team Enduro

Teams will be selected at the start of the night by Red Racer based on performance during the course of the series. Teams hopefully would reflect a fair range of driver talent but requested driver line ups will be considered. The Enduro will be just 6 races of 30 minute duration. At the 10 and 20 minute points, a driver change must occur so that all drivers in the team get an equal share of races. Should there be more than 18 entries then some teams will be 4 driver teams. The same cars will be used as drivers had used during other rounds of the championship. Points will be allocated to drivers of the winning team at 40 points for each driver, 2nd place team all drivers get 30 points, 3rd place all drivers get 25 points, 4th place all drivers get 20 points, 5th place 17 points and last team gets 15 points.

RULES

All cars must have the following, standard Mabuchi 18000 rpm motors and a single standard Scalextric magnets. Any tyre brand is eligible, as long as it fits within the unmodified wheel arches of the car. No tyre goo to be used. Cars must retain their full drivers interior. Lights must be working and the car must remain at the standard car weight as supplied by Scalextric. Cars magnetic downforce will be checked and we will be modifying the downforce on cars to reduce faster drivers speed and assist the less experienced. This is otherwise known as handicapping and hopefully will ensure much closer racing.

PRIZES

Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall after the 10 rounds. During the series we will also award a sub category prize to the best junior (in age not ability) driver. There will be a trophy presentation night after the last round where we hope to do something nice in food and drink but if all else fails we can always do pizza.

INFO

I now have most of your email addresses and contact details but I will certainly be pestering people as we had difficulty with trophies last season because we didn’t know some of the entrants surnames.

Each fortnight we will email results. These will also be posted on the noticeboard.

I look forward to seeing you all for the first round on Friday 24th July.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!