The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results Q32 round 1 Nerangburgring

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results Q32 round 1 Nerangburgring

Post by wixwacing »

With the start of the new season what finer start than going toe to toe at the Nerangburgring, home of John and Sue Forson. This track appears in the features section so take time to pop along and cherck it out. Because of the limited space available, the track was shoehorned in to a large alcove by John and Lindsay. With not an inch of space being wasted and the squeeze sections much thought out, the end result is a superb race!

And race superbly we did. A field of nine was enough to ensure an unhurried evening and plenty of time to set models up. The choice of classes was admirable and from the first lap of the first heat to the nights conclusion there was plenty of suspense and duelling for both race groups. Six o clock was the deadline and at six the first race was entered into the computer and the names called.

First up was Group 1 Touring cars. This is for touring cars with NC1 motors. In spite of their obsolescence there are still plenty about on eBay and in eBay stores. Typically they are Ninco European touring cars although there is the ability to fit an NC 1 into a similar type model. The Audi A4 has long been a favourite in this class and the Mercedes CLK too gets a good representation. This track brings out the best in NC1’s and needless to say it was good close racing.

Event 1			Group 1 Touring Cars

Position		GpB			Driver		Time

1.						John			10’ 51.516”
2.						Norm			11’ 13.140”
3.						Phil			11’ 17.751”
4.			1.			Kev
5.						Glen
6.						Alan
7.			2.			Ken
8.			3.			Peter
9.			4.			Bob

After a good break it was the turn of the DTMs. Another good class and a chance for some of Mr Carrera’s models to show their worth. Once again close racing amongst the leaders and eventually John showed for the second time there was much to be said for home track advantage. The six second barrier was brushed aside and progressively the fastest lap times tumbled.

Race 2				DTM

1.						John			10’ 30.500”
2.						Phil			10’ 44.967”
3.						Glen			11’ 09.219”
4.						Norm
5.						Alan
6.			1.			Ken
7.			2.			Kev
8.			3.			Peter
9.			4.			Bob

Event three promised to be the best of the evening and the Slot.it models run so well on board non magnet it was going to be hard to choose a winner…. after John, that is! The pace of the event dictated that marshalls were pretty busy at the harder to reach spots and it was a few heats into the race before things seemed to settle down. Times dropped into the low fives but the fastest time wasn’t always an indicator of the quickest driver. This was a thirty lap race and highlight of the heats was when Kev, Ken and Alan drove almost race distance only lengths apart until it all came unravelled on lap twenty eight.

Once again John proved invincible on his own track. Next time John,…. next time!
Race 3				Slot.it

1.						John			11’ 43.423”
2.						Glen			11’ 46.922”
3.						Phil			11’ 59.408
4.						Norm
5.			1.			Kev
6.						Alan
7.			2.			Ken
8.			3.			Bob
9.			4.			Peter

A good evenings racing in very pleasant surroundings and with good company. I look forward to hopefully racing the Legends round here later in the year.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Results Q32 round 1 Nerangburgring

Post by kenneth »

Six o`clock start!! :?:
Did i miss something - my email & the post here stated a 4pm start hence after work on Sarurday i didn`t bother driving up thinking i might be lucky to get 3 races in by the time i arrived like the last time there was a 4pm start.
here is a copy of the post.
Roll up, roll up, all the fun of the fair. Q32 will be kicking off season 2 2009 At the Narangbaring!! Saturday, July 4th. arrive 2.00 pm onwards for a 4.00 pm start
If i had of known it was a 6pm start i would have gone up and only missed maybe 3 races.
i do have a thingy called a tele-ma-pone - y`know like a tra-map-oline :P :P DOH!!
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche