The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Trophy Class - Second half - '09

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Trophy Class - Second half - '09

Post by wixwacing »

The class chosen by popular poll for the second half 09 trophy class will be unmarked road going supercars. After much deliberation I have decided not to admit low volume/ one off racers like the Porsche 962’s and GT1’s. No doubt there are a lot of others too so check with me if you intend to choose something obscure as it may not be eligible for scoring points (although, as always, you won’t be prevented from racing it!)

The class will be open to all models which DO NOT carry sponsor decals or ANY race markings. I’m not worried whether it carries a registration number as that can easily be applied with a texter or similar.

The general class guidelines are as follows :

1. Bodies will be 'hardbodied', (Plastic moulded*, Resin moulded or metal)
2. Models will represent 1/1 road going ‘supercars’ of any era.
3. Models will be true scale as close as possible and recognisable as such and will carry interior detail, at least half a driver figure and steering wheel.
4. Models will have transparent windows.
5. Motors can be any make but restricted to 18,000 rpm @ 12.0 volts.
6. Motors will be readily recognisable and distinguishable. (On complaint, spurious motors will eliminate the model from the rankings (but not from racing)
7. Wheels can be plastic or metal
8. Substitute metal wheels and tyres will be no wider than the plastic wheels and tyres
9. In the case of a model having very thin wheels and tyres, they may be increased in width to no more than 9.0 millimetres
10. Any make tyres can be used
11. No part of either front or rear wheels (inc tyre) may protrude from the body when viewed from above.
12. Models will have no more than four wheels.
13. Traction magnets are acceptable for plastic tracks. The magnet must NOT be able to support the model when inverted on a section of track similar to that used on race night.
14. Models will be able to carry unlimited extra weight in the form of ballast material.
15. Models will carry only one slot guide and two braids. No other part of the model, except the tyres, will touch any part of the track at any time.
16. Races will consist of four heats per race on four lane tracks and three heats per race on three lane tracks.
17. Total race time will be calculated as near as possible to twelve minutes. i.e. 4 X 3 minute heats or 3 X 4 minute heats. Based on the performance of a mid fielder.
18. Points will be awarded to compliant race finishers on the basis of 20 pts for 1st place, 19 pts for second, 18 pts for third etc. etc.
19. The race will be run over six rounds
20. Contestants’ BEST five rounds will be tallied for their final points total. This includes DNA’s*
21. The winner will be the driver who has accumulated the highest amount of points after adjustments at the end of round six.
22. There will be a trophy for highest points tally for best driver, overall class and a trophy for highest points tally for best driver, class B.
23. There will also be a trophy for the best driver on aggregate from group A and group B. i.e. the driver with the highest average points tally, based on a minimum of four rounds.
24. All other Slotcar Legends guidelines which do not contradict this class guide apply. Anything not mentioned in the guidelines will be deemed not applicable

*DNA – Did not arrive.

Please note, any model racing which, on complaint, is found to contravene the guidelines, will be eliminated from that days rankings. This will happen AFTER the event, so if you are racing for points, please ensure your model is compliant BEFORE the race

The guidelines will be subject to updating without notice should any anomalies be encountered.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!