The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

End of Season presentation

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

End of Season presentation

Post by wixwacing »

The Q32 / Slotcar Legends group had their first half presentation on June 27th at the home of Paul and Jen at Mt Ommaney. An excellent venue and a fair turn out for the end of season. For those that have raced and those that have been following the progress there has been keen competition through the season and one or two new members to show for it.

Trophies up for grabs were for first and second Group ‘A’ and first and second Group ‘B’ drivers. There were also trophies for group A and B for the ’Historic GP’ class that was run at Slotcar Legends meetings.

The standard of racing and especially model preparation has been evident this year and a good cross section of models has been on tracks. New models and old alike have frequented the meetings and there have been surprise wins and old favourites coming home in front.

Due to family and work commitments attendance has still been good but a bit patchy for those who were expected to do better. But this is unavoidable and attempts are made to ensure there is a form of parity for those who have to miss a couple of meetings.

For the second half of the season there is a new trophy class and a new goal. As well as the usual ‘first past the post’ awards, Slotcar Legends will be awarding a class A and B award for best aggregate driver as part of the trophy class. So there will be FOUR prizes in the trophy event. Fine detail will be sorted soon.

So where did it all end up. Providing I have copied Bob’s notes correctly, the results should look something like this-
Q32 Trophy for points 

Overall	        Group A	        Group B 		Driver
position	position	position
1.		1.					Phil
2.				1.			Eggy
3.		2.					Glen
4.				2.			Bob
5.=		3.					Norm
5.=				3.			Ken
7.		4.					Alan
8.				4.			Peter
9.		5.					Kev
10.		6.					Justin
11.		7.					Paul
12.				5.			Jordan
13.		8.					John
14.				6.			Grieg
The Historic GP was based on the best performance from five out of six rounds and although everyone contested most heats, there were several who didn’t meet the criteria and therefore slipped out the bottom of the results.
Historic GP Trophy class

A		B
1.			1.				Phil
2.					1.		Eggy
3.					2.		Bob
4.					3.		Ken
5.			2.				Alan
6.					4.		Peter
Just to finish off, there was also some good racing at Paul’s and it bodes well for the coming season. The track is fast and flowing, but technical enough to favour most well prepared models. Classes raced on the night were Sports sedans, classic sports cars and Classic Can Am. I have added a few pictures below.

See you all again soon

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!