A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Nerangba 1/32 meeting

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Nerangba 1/32 meeting

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all,
I have recieved this communique from Glen, See you there!
As mentioned a while ago May has 5 Saturdays in it and as such we usually try to run a trophy event or additional race meeting involving something out of the ordinary from the usual format to our race calendar. So as mentioned we have been invited to use Andrew’s track at Narangba. It’s a relatively new 1/24th layout housed in Andrew’s and according to Norm and a few others 1/32 plastic chassised cars are right at home on its flowing layout.

The track has magnabraid and it’s characteristics are similar to those of Denis’s track in Redcliffe which most people have driven on. For those that haven’t, it has medium to low magnetic attraction for our cars compared to Ninco and Scaley tracks and is slightly less than Carrera track but with board track smoothness.

Werner, Andrew and the guys are keen to meet up with us and this is a perfect opportunity to share our way of doing things with them and they with us. A good showing of our numbers will go a long way to making our format look pretty enticing to them and maybe bolster our numbers if they think what we do is as good as we think it is and also open up an opportunity of more tracks to run on in the future. Although we will be running our 1/32 cars I am sure the chance to see and try some of their models will be there on the night as well.

So lets show the the dark side what we can do. The classes chosen to do just that are:

NASCAR

JGTC

Modern F1 (post 1990)

The date set is 30th May and usual start times are track opens at 2pm for practice and 4pm race start.

You can call Norm on 0437 700 292. or contact us this board for the address

If you could please RSVP by Thursday 28th by return email or phoning either Norm or myself that would be appreciated.

Perro

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Nerangba 1/32 meeting

Post by wixwacing »

G'day guys

I was wondering if anyone was going from Redcliffe? I'm looking for a lift from there. I know it sounds strange but because of my night driving abilities, I probably won't be able to do the drive all the way home!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!