A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Racing, racing, racing!!!

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Racing, racing, racing!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Gday all.

Uncle Eggy has kindly consented to hold the May round of slotcar legends at sunny Buderim. This will be another great meeting and I am looking forward to running the Historic GP's there. A few guys have already upgraded and there should be some close racing with all those open wheels and all those squeezes. For those not familiar with John's track, check out the 'Eggdome' in the features section of the Slotcar Outhouse' The day May 16th. the time 2.00pm for a 4.00pm start

Classes will be
1.        Owners choice - Grand Am
Please check the qualifying model list below. If you have any questions or suggestions as to extra models, contact me BEFORE race day that I may procrastinate!I am going to allow the Daytona prototypes in this class as they are a major part of th real race now. Rather than split the field, I will be thinking up a fair handicap system for them to minimise the possibility of them becoming dominant. For those interested check out:

Grand Am entries 2009

2.        Set Class    Trans Am Classic       Motor class 'B'
Trans Am Classic (Sometimes referred to as ‘Muscle Cars’) these will be models that are clearly Trans Am Classic entries, (Mustang, Camaro, Cougar, Javelin etc.) marked or otherwise. Unless there is general consensus and to simplify validation, this class EXCLUDES cars from the 2.0 litre class. (Cortinas, Alfas etc.)
3.        Historic GP  as per the  guidelines ( which I'm off to read again!)
Please note, ALL OTHER RELAVENT SLOTCAR LEGENDS GUIDE LINES APPLY WHERE APPLICABLE

If you don't have a copy of the current Legends guidelines it is available in hardback from Amazon.com!

But seriously though. If you are a newcomer and aren't sure of what applies or are simply wooly headed, email me and I'll send you a copy.

If you need a lift or want John's address, do likewise

See you there

Phil

Grand Am qualifying models

05> Mustang  FR500C               05> Porsche 997                  BMW M3

Jaguar XKRS                       05> Pontiac GTO                  Honda Acura (not LMP)

Chevrolet Cobalt                  Honda Accord                     Subaru Legacy

BMW Z4                            Mazda RX8                        BMW 330

Nissan 350 Z (not JGTC)           VW GTi                          (BMW) Mini Cooper ‘S’

Mazda MX5                         Dodge SRT4                       Audi TT

Porsche 996                       Riley XX

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!