A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Porsche Cup challenge at Red Racer

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Porsche Cup challenge at Red Racer

Post by wixwacing »

Hi All
Adrian and the guys are organising a Porsche Cup event at the shop over three evenings . The details are as follows:

NINCO PORSCHE CUP 2009

[pre]Round 1 – 30th April 2009, 7.00 pm

Round 2 – 14th May 2009, 7.00 pm

Round 3 – 28th May 2009, 7.00 pm
[/pre]

Race Fees $10.00 per round. Alternatively, pay $85.00 which includes a brand new Ninco Porsche 997 of your choice, a unique Red Racer/Ninco T Shirt and race fees.
Trophies awarded to 1st, 2nd and 3rd drivers with additional prizes awarded.
The race format will be 6 heats of 50 lap races run in reverse direction. Prior to racing, cars will be scrutineered. A 2 lap, standing start qualifying heat will be held for each driver. One driver at a time. Points will be awarded to fastest qualifier. Based on qualifying times, drivers can nominate starting position and their first lane. Driver rotation will be randomised, so every race will have a different mix of drivers. Points allocated for races will be laps completed plus 6 for 1st, 5 for second and so on until 1 point for 6th.
All cars must be unmodified Ninco Porsche 997 slot cars fitted with Ninco NC5 motors, Ninco tyres (tyres must have Ninco in raised lettering on the sidewall), standard Neodimium button magnet located in its intended location. No weights may be added. Cars must weigh between 85 and 87 grams. They can only pull a maximum of 230 grams of downward force on our Magnet Marshall. Additional magnets can be added to magnet but only in that location to come up to maximum downforce. Full Ninco interiors must remain fitted. Motor mounts may be glued into place. Axle oillites may be glued into place. Bodies are allowed to be loose mounted but must be screwed to chassis.

Track power will be fixed at 16 volts.
We have 13 drivers already committed and would like a field of approximately 18 drivers. So far we have 9 different cars entered. Cars that are still available are the Gulf, Innovate, Pioneer, Entrecanales Rally and Hublot. There is a chance a last Veltins car may become available.

That will be this coming thursday, so don't delay get an entry in now. I may even see you there, Mmmmm??!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
TheOtherBill
Spectator

Re: Porsche Cup challenge at Red Racer

Post by TheOtherBill »

Curse my enjoyable two week holiday in outback Queensland!

I'll see you for the second night of the event.