A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Slotcar Legends Racing April round

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Slotcar Legends Racing April round

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all

Because of work schedules and commitments, Glen and I have swapped the race days round. Still on the first and third but the Legends round will be the first one on Saturday the 4th of April. Arrive 4.00 pm for a 6.00 pm start.

This will be at the Graceville Megacircuit!!

At this stage the selected classes will be

1 Track owner's choice ?????? See below

2. Premier Sedans.

A model carrying the markings of the Australian V8 or US modern NASCAR series. Motor class 'B' (18,000 rpm @ 12.0 v) This DOES include the current SCX models with the RX 42b motor

3. Historic GP. Trophy event

Please note this is a non magnet event. and as with Bob's round, if your model has a tight magnet, don't try and lever it out if it won't come. we will list mag and non mag as two classes with magnet cars listed AFTER non magnet cars in the results.

The track owners choice is empty so you have until Monday night to make some suggestions as to what you would like to race in this event.

Go for it!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Slotcar Legends Racing April round

Post by kenneth »

I assume by the last comments about mag-nuts - that the meeting on the 4th April is at Bob`s place?
:?:
suggestion for Track owners class - road registerable cars , no livery on car ,no hi-impact cars -eg - Porsche Carrera GT, Alfa 147-159, Porsche 911, Ford Mustang GT, 350, 500 also modern ones, Supra, 350z, Ford GT road car, Hemi `Cuda, GTO, SS Camaro, Enzo, FXX, MIni, etc etc.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Appologies guys, post corrected, racing will be at the Graceville mega track!!

Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Hey,

How about classic stock cars. I.e. carrera chev's and plymouths and the monogram ford galaxy's etc.

Regards

Egg
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

One upgrade guys, Arrive 4.30 pm on for 6.00 pmn start

Egg, that's not a bad idea. With no disrespect meant towards our North American readers, we could call it 'Yank Tanks!'

And include all the big stuff from that era. Talledegas and everything. People that don't have one can race whatever's closest to it but I'm almost sure we AAAAALL have one!!

yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

None taken, believe me. A lot of us have been to places where "Yank" means American, however mystifying it is to Americans who don't come from the industrial Northeast of the USA, where the Yankees live.

When I lived in London, Ontario Canada, I was known as "The Yank", among my school friends there, though I came there from the Mississippi Gulf Coast Bayou country, 60 miles from New Orleans and 60 miles from Mobile. When I worked two years in Venezuela they called me "Yan-kee" until they learned my name (then they still called me El Gordo Guapo). And everybody in England and Scotland called me Yank no matter how well they knew my name. The Welsh called me "English" for reasons I could never figure out. But most significantly, the Irish folks made a great effort to learn my name and say it a lot. I never minded being called Yank, no more than folks from Down Under care about being called "Aussie", but somehow, people as poor as the Irish taking the time to be nice to me really stuck with me. Of course, I never told them I didn't mind at all, but somehow, I remember them a different way from all the folks I met in my travels. They had the least to give, and gave of themselves more than anyone. For most people, calling me Yank was an endearment, showing me that I was welcome, and I understood it that way. For some reason, the Irish (everyone I met), felt that it was impolite in some way, and they all went another way. I'm honor bound to tell the tale whenever the subject comes up, you see. World peace and all that.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob,

You certainly sound well travelled and that in itself is said to broaden ones outlook. I was a bit apprehensive about using the terminology but rest a bit easier now. We are going ahead with the race this saturday so stay tuned for a report of all the models raced.