A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Q32 March race meeting - Buderim

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Q32 March race meeting - Buderim

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all,

The March Q32 meeeting is scheduled for Eggy and Kim's at Buderim. the following is the class structure.

Hello race freaks. Following a very good turn out at Alan’s home for the February meeting of Q32 followed up by an even bigger turn out at John’s home for Legends Racing the slot car circus is to head north for the March meeting at Eggy’s Eggdome at Buderim. The date set is Saturday the 7th of March. Turn up from 2pm onwards for a 4pm sharp race start.

The classes for the night are:

1. Group 5/Sports sedans (For this class the Fly BMW M1 will be allowed to run with a proviso. If the car proves to be far and away more competitive than the other ratified cars already in the class then the M1 will probably be dropped from being allowed to run again within the Group 5/Sports sedan class. Anyone who runs the car will retain their points however for the meeting, just the car will be banned from future events. But all going well there should be no problems and the class will officially grow by one more eligible model. It’s just a safeguard that I am reserving the right to ban the car to prevent the class from becoming a one car class if you want to win. If the car proves to be better but not by a significant amount I believe the car will be allowed to run in future events involving this class.)

2. Rally Group 1. NC1 or NC8 powered cars only thanks.

3. Slot-it. (With this class I would like to see a split with the cars we run in this class. Just a reminder of how we structure the classes. We base each class on 2 major guidelines. Firstly on car type, in other words what cars you would and in fact did run against each other in the 1:1 world. This carries over into eras as well as type. For example a Porsche 908 would be seen running against a Ferrari 512. Both are classic sports cars from the mid 60 – mid 70’s era but they would never have run against another sports car like the Porsche 962 from the mid 80’s. The other guideline is for parity. Meaning the cars as models are relatively evenly matched. So back to splitting the class. When Slot-it first arrived on the scene their range was limited being a couple of Group C Porsches and an Audi R8C from the 90’s followed by more Group C cars and then a Nissan GT1 from the mid 90’s. In real 1:1 racing these cars did not race each other but the range of Slot-it cars was so small that most race groups raced the full range together as we have done up to now. But now the Slot-it range has 2 distinct race eras with enough range within each era to now split the class into Group C, such as Porsche 956 and 962, Sauber Mercedes C9, Jaguar XJR9 and Lancia LC2. The other class would include the Ferrari F40, Nissan GT1, McLaren F1 GTR and Audi R8C. The only models that are a bit harder to categorise are the Ferrari 312PB and Alfa Romeo 33/3. Due to this short notice we will run a combined all in “butchers picnic” for Eggs meeting but please consider what I have laid out here for future running of this class. For mine it all makes good common sense to split the two eras with the only drawbacks being another class requiring another purchase if you haven’t got one that already fits and in these economic times it may be a bigger concern than in years gone by but seeing as Mr Rudd wants us to spend spend spend your $1000 or $950 cash give away in the local economy what better way to go.)

Well that’s it chaps. A race to prepare for and a possible new class to ponder over. See you at Egg’s.

Perro

See you guys there!!

If you are new to the board and/or the area and would like to be included on the email list or even join in the racing, contact me at pwix@yahoo.com

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Re: Q32 March race meeting - Buderim

Post by Eggmeister »

Gents,

Just a quick note.

Bring a few dollars as I am having a "buying a tinnie" sale.

Some fly and other goodies to go. Cash on the night.

Regards

Egg
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Whats on the table Egg, any ideas so far or a list of what might be making it's way back to Little Mountain?
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Now there's a dilema Egg,

If you don't tell, people are gonna be on your doorstep at 4.00 am!! If you do tell, late comers will miss out!!??

Why don't you do a 'Miss World' and bring them out one at a time during the break!! How about a Dutch auction Mr Van Egmond!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Gents,

I wont go into full details as yet but the sale includes

The full Scalextric Power and Glory Set including all 9 cars boxed in mint condition
The book of the series and the video as well. Cost $450.00

A number of fly cars from $60.00.

Regards

Egg
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

1. Group 5/Sports sedans (For this class the Fly BMW M1 will be allowed to run with a proviso. If the car proves to be far and away more competitive than the other ratified cars already in the class then the M1 will probably be dropped from being allowed to run again within the Group 5/Sports sedan class. Anyone who runs the car will retain their points however for the meeting, just the car will be banned from future events. But all going well there should be no problems and the class will officially grow by one more eligible model. It’s just a safeguard that I am reserving the right to ban the car to prevent the class from becoming a one car class if you want to win. If the car proves to be better but not by a significant amount I believe the car will be allowed to run in future events involving this class.)
My memory may be faulty, but that was tried once before wasn't it? I thought it was on Martins old track or something.

Let us know what happens, it may be a different story now as I think the last time that was tried we were still using stock tyres, and the tyres on the BMW M1 were far superior to any of the others.

Enjoy your racing on the weekend all :)
The Racer Administrator
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

Yes Robert you are correct but MJK's have helped the rest of the cars eligible for that class and as such i live in hope that the M1's will be on par with the rest of the class cars. Saturday will tell.

Perro