A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Slotcar Legends Trophy class for Season one 2009

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Slotcar Legends Trophy class for Season one 2009

Post by wixwacing »

Hi All,

The 'Slotcar Legends' race series Trophy class has been fixed at Historic GP, the following are the guidelines for the class.

1. Bodies will be 'hardbodied', (Plastic moulded, Resin moulded or metal)
2. Models will represent 1/1 cars from the historic GP era from its inception up to 1962 inclusive.
3. Models will be true scale as close as possible and recognisable as such and will carry at least half a driver figure and steering wheel.
4. Motors can be any make but restricted to 18,000 rpm @ 12.0 volts.
5. Motors will be readily recognisable and distinguishable. (On complaint, spurious motors will eliminate the model from the rankings (but not from racing)
6. Wheels can be plastic or metal
7. Any make tyres can be used
8. Tyres will have a tyre contact area width of no more than 9.0 mm. at any time.
9. Axle width will be true scale. Exaggerated axle width will eliminate the model from the rankings (but not from racing)
10. Models will be rear wheel drive only
11. Models will have no more than four wheels.
12. Models will be total open wheelers
13. There will be NO traction magnets for rounds raced on plastic circuits.
14. Models will be able to carry unlimited extra weight in the form of ballast material.
15. Models will carry only one slot guide and two braids. No other part of the model, except the tyres, will touch any part of the track at any time.
16. On tracks with a variable power supply it will be decided which voltage best suits the class before racing commences. This will be by consensus.
17. Races will consist of four heats per race on four lane tracks and three heats per race on three lane tracks.
18. Total race time will be calculated as near as possible to twelve minutes. ie 4 X 3 minute heats or 3 X 4 minute heats. Based on the performance of a mid fielder.
19. Points will be awarded to compliant race finishers on the basis of 20 pts for 1st place, 19 pts for second, 18 pts for third etc. etc.
20. The race will be run over six rounds
21. Contestants’ BEST five rounds will be tallied for their final points total. This includes DNA’s*
22. The winner will be the driver who has accumulated the highest amount of points after adjustments at the end of round six.
23. There will be a trophy for highest points tally for best driver, overall class and a trophy for highest points tally for best driver, class B.

Please note, any model racing which, on complaint, is found to contravene the guidelines, will be eliminated from that days rankings. This will happen AFTER the event, so if you are racing for points, please ensure your model is compliant BEFORE the race!
The race will generally feature as the third race in Slotcar Legends race nights. It is hoped that racing will take place on a good cross section of local tracks and I look forward to obtaining track owners consent for this. If any track owner would like their track to be factored into the schedule prior to commencement. Please contact me through the usual channels to book your circuit. First round as already noted is at Bob and Julie’s at Strathpine this coming Saturday. Practice from 4.00 pm, racing from 6.00 pm

In the event of any confusion due to initial unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to add an addendum to the guidelines. This also will be by consensus

All other pertinent 'Slotcar Legends' guidelines apply

Wixwacing

* did not arrive

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!