The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Le Mans event, 10th Jan 2009

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Le Mans event, 10th Jan 2009

Post by wixwacing »

Norm Cash is organising a Le Mans event for Classic Le Mans cars (up to 1970) at Alan and Jaqci's, Clontarf, on Saturday the 10th of January, 2009. This will start about lunch time.

It will be a team event with an open group driver teaming up with a Group B driver, racing ten minute heats across all four lanes. Racers will need to organise their own team before the event. It would be handy if someone could post the full details as I don't seem to have them.

The link below is to the Le Mans register 1970 where you can check out your models eligibility to prevent any disappointment on the day. Also, if you post your team names here I will start a list of entrants.

Le Mans register 1970

If you go to the bottom of the registery page you can toggle through to the earlier years.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: Le Mans event, 10th Jan 2009

Post by Cyph »

Cars as per Q32 class rules
2 Drivers per team
10 minute heats (as 4 heats will equal 40 minutes, close enough to 1/32 of a 24 hour race)
Standard chassis, no scratch builts allowed.
Ninco guides allowed
MJK tyres allowed
Weight allowed
1 car per team, but you can enter a spare car which can only be run if the first car is unable to be run.
1.5 minute per lane change.
Start practice at 10am til 11am
Scrutineering starts at 11am til 12pm
Racing starts at 12.30pm
Entry fee is $10 per team.

To be run at Allans track at Clontarf.

Perro is apparently a free agent at this point open to graft, corruption and sexual favours.
The Racer Administrator
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Just a quick update on the event. Glen has emailed this to most:

Further to the last email regarding the Le Mans Classic Enduro the cars that qualify for this class are the usual Le Mans type cars or sports racing cars circa 1960 through to 1973 roofed and unroofed. Once again for those who still don’t get it the scale cars are cars such as Fly Porsche 917, 908/2, 908/3, 908 Flunders and longtails, 906 (aka Carrera 6), Ferrari 512 (also the Spirit 512), 250 GTO, Lola T70, Chevrons, Ford GT40, Scalextric Ferrari 330 or P4, Ford GT40, Chapparal, and that’s not all of the list. If you have any queries as to whether a car you want to run qualifies please ask me or Norm. We use the term Classic in a general term and not literally meaning that just because it is 20years old it then falls into the era because it doesn’t. If you wish to run cars such as Ferrari 512BB, BMW M1’s, Porsche 935 etc let me know at the next meeting or by email to see if we can start such a class or any class up for that matter for next season.

and Jordan, this:

Happy New Year to All
I have just spoken to Glen & The Classic Le Mans Endurance race will take place at Pandoras Circuit at my place in Boondall on Saturday January 10
Arrive at 3pm for practice for a 5pm race start.
We will fit pizzas in sometime for refreshment.
Everything is the same as per the first email RE eligibility of vehicles, race time etc.
any one who doesn`t have my details just email me
hope to see you all here.
cheers
Jordan

If you are a newcomer and would like more information, pm me, Perro or Jordan, this board or email me at pwix@yahoo.com

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Pandoras Circuit has now been `upgraded` ( a loose term) to take the round pin plugs found at Als, Johns, Eggys etc. So you can bring your own controllers.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »