A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

New Trophy class for '09

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

New Trophy class for '09

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all

After a good meeting at Alan and Jacqi's last night it's time to stretch the old grey matter and choose a 'Trophy' class for next season. To date we have had 'Porsche Cup' and 'Subaru Challenge'. what's it to be next???

Mmmmmmmmm?

There is talk of Rally Raid,?? There is also talk of Daytona prototypes and/or Grand Am, what are you guys thinking? Please post your thoughts here and closer to the time I will set up a poll based on them.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: New Trophy class for '09

Post by kenneth »

Just my 2c.
Modern Road Going Supercars the car must be a proper road car not homologation specials like the Porsche GT1 98, Mercedes CLK GTR or Dauer 962 road car- no racing livery/numbers, if the road car sported a rear wing - fine - if not then - not.

Open motor, factory plastic wheels, no HRS chassis. No Pro race Ninco or FLY racing. no silicone tyres, Full interior, no hi impact scalextric.

Lambo Countach, Diablo, Gallard, Murcielago, Porsche Carrera GT, 959 , Ferrari F40, F50, Enzo, Viper , Maserati MC12 , Mclaren F1 , Ford GT, Zonda F, BMW M1, Corvette C5 & 6 (no-R).
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Howdy

OK , how about CanAm ?
Go hard or Go home
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

Grand Am works for me.

And I do not see this just being a fleet of the Daytona Prototypes, because there are two classes that run under Grand Am.

You have the Daytona Prototype class, which is obviously the Rileys being made by Fly and now Racer/Slideways.

Then you have the Grand Touring class, which consists of the following cars (will try and find pictures of them).

Acura TL
BMW E46 - M3 or M5 from the looks of it.
BMW M6
Chevrolet Corvette C5
Dodge Stratus Coupe
Ferrari 360
Ferrari 430
Ford Mustang (new, not old...)
Infiniti G35
Jaguar XK8R
Lexus IS350
Lexus SC430
Maserati Trofeo Coupe
Mazda RX8
Mercedes CLK430
Mercedes SL
Nissan 350Z
Pontiac GTO
Porsche GT3
Toyota Celica GTS
Toyota Solara.

Seems you could have a good field in the racing, though I suspect like most times when we tried say, LM1 LM2 etc for Le Mans, that most people would just go with the fastest class.

Could make it interesting, have it so you have to drive half the heats with one car, half the heats with another or something. *shrug*
The Racer Administrator
Buzzard
Telemetry

Post by Buzzard »

Hi guys,

My vote is for Racing Hummers...........:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, honestly, who could race hummers.. We tried that at Graceville with abnormal results.... :oops:

I tend to agree with Cyph, we need a class which has a lot of different style cars for different style tastes.

If Grand-Am, I have at least 4 different types I could run.....

But, as this is one of the only games in town, I will go with whatever everyone agrees on and try to find something competitive...
Cheers
Kev.

I don't suffer from senility.
I enjoy every minute.
The Goon
Spectator

Post by The Goon »

Hello gents i would probably like to see has next years trophy class as classic lemans non magnet as there r many different type of cars that are avaliable for this class.Sorry that i was unable to make it allans for the last legends meeting for the year but i had to leave it for someone else to win the subaru challenge but i will be at the next Q32 meeting at johns place in a fortnight to whip all your butts as per usual.
Eggmeister
Engine Tech

Post by Eggmeister »

Gents,

Its easy. Lets try Post 1957 small sedans?

Egg
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

How about a pre and post 1957 sports sedans. If you have a 1957, you're out of luck? :)
The Racer Administrator
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

from the sublime to the ridiculous - the Lambo Miura Challenge - factory spec except for tyres!!
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

One class we haven't touched on in a long time, Scalextric sidecar motorbikes, roofed, circa pre and post 1957 with 3D lights and motor restricted to 29,000rpm at 12v, ribbed tyres and must carry spare wheel, jack and wheel spanner on board.
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Hey Perro

You know another word for spanner is TOOL ! What a stupid idea you idiot ! Almost as bad as Senior's .

What about V8's on board ?
Go hard or Go home
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

V8s are fun enough I suppose, but all you sneaky Red Racer V8 drivers have yours modified to the hilt! :)

Ninco Go Karts??
The Racer Administrator
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

No body races there anymore do they ?
Go hard or Go home
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Scalextric Bugatti Type 59 - now that would empty the Xmas bank account!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

Paul - don't think so!

Hrm... emptying a bank account hey...

Maybe a class simply for cars made by Racer? I think we'd have the best driving we've ever seen.
The Racer Administrator