A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Last 'Legends' meeting for 08

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Last 'Legends' meeting for 08

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all

Just to end the year on a high (if you can call it that!), the last legends meeting will be at Alan and Jacqi's at Clontarf on Saturday, November the 22nd. Arrive 2.00 for a 4.00pm start.

To test you to the limits we have come up with the following classes.

The first event will be The 'Clontarf Monte Carlo' for pre 1970 classic rally, open motor. The main compliance will need to be (as always with rally) a co driver/ navigator figure. This can be added to an existing model just to widen the scope available. And after a meaningful discussion with the track owner we decided that for this race only, the model must be sporting a spare wheel!!! This must be a whole wheel and not part of the body moulding. This can be any wheel (tyre and hub) from any model and can be stuck on with blue tack, but we ARE expecting a spare wheel guys!!

Next up is the Clotarf GP. This will be for Formula ones from 2000 to the present day for Scalextric and SCX only!!! No Ninco, or Indy or A1 GP thanks! This is bound to be a hard fought race with all the squeeze sections tp negotiate.

And third will be the last round of the Rally Non magnet series. I will also be collecting ideas for next season's trophy race as well.

There is another Q32 round in December at John F's I think so I look forward to seeing you guys at both. Finally, I will be speaking to Glen ref the presentations. Stay tuned

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: Last 'Legends' meeting for 08

Post by Cyph »

Shall be there!

Sold my Rugby League World Cup ticket, and I'm coming racing.

If that's not commitment (or cause for commitment!!) I don't know what is!
The Racer Administrator