The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

A possible new class of racing???

Local racing fixtures and results
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

A possible new class of racing???

Post by Cyph »

Well, since those lovely Rileys have come out from Fly....

I've been doing a bit of research into this whole Grand-Am racing. And it looks like a way of getting rather diverse fields, though maybe not enough of the Rileys have been released yet in terms of livery.

At these Grand-Am events there are the Riley cars (DP class), and the GT class, which interestingly enough runs the following cars

Acura TL, BMW E46, BMW M6, Chevrolet Corvette, Dodge Stratus Coupe, Ferrari 360 Challenge, Ferrari 430 Challenge, Infinity G35 Skyline, Jaguar XK8R, Lexus IS350, Lexus SC430, Maserati Trofeo Coupe, Mazda RX8, Mercedes CLK 430, Mercedes SL, Nissan 350Z, Pontiac GTO, Porsche GT3 Cup, Toyota Celica GTS, Toyota Solara...

Talk about big fields!

As mentioned, there aren't enough of the Rileys released yet in different liveries, but one can only imagine that'll change shortly... Even if it doesn't.... If you check out http://www.grand-am.com/rolex/, there are a LOT of teams.

While I don't expect this to become a new class, I just thought I'd throw it out there.

Plenty of good liveries that one could do a repaint of, if one chose to...
The Racer Administrator
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: A possible new class of racing???

Post by Cyph »

Just as a random follow up... Given it looks like Racer, under the brand name Sideways, is now soon to be producing the Riley in a plastic car with slot.it running gear... We could be inundated with a large range of liveries soon!
The Racer Administrator
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Rob

One thing as you know, about the legends and Q32 is that we like to 'keep it fresh'! Who knows what the future holds and in our 'avant garde' style, we may just have what you suggest!!

By the way, I'm lookiing forward to doing the Riley review, especially after the run at Eggys

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Post by Cyph »

Yeah Phil, it was very smooth to drive, and only got better as the tyres got better!
The Racer Administrator