A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Slotcar Legends October round - Graceville

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Slotcar Legends October round - Graceville

Post by wixwacing »

G’day all

Firstly, don’t forget Q32 this coming weekend and Bob and Julies, Strathpine. Secondly, the time will soon be nigh for the October round of Slotcar Legends. This is to be raced at the Graceville SEQSCC by kind permission of Julian and Mark. Classes are as follows

Event One			Four door sedans
This is self explanatory and is for cars with motors up to 18,000rpm @ 12 volts and depicting a FOUR DOOR SEDAN ie V8, Cortina, Lancia Delta integrale, etc, etc, Remember.... FOUR DOORS, I will be checking. Also note the Trabant and Simca motors are TOO FAST!

Event Two			Set Class    Classic Trans AM
Scaley, Carrera, etc

Event Three			Subaru Challenge  NON MAGNET!!
Same old same old, any motor but NO MAGNET!!

I will remind folks that when racing with 'Legends', if you do not have a class car or cannot obtain one, you can race what you want!!Truly. My only proviso is that you will not figure in the final results. When racing for Q32 points, you will need to confer with the Q32 representative on site. We are not slotcar Nazis and will not stop anyone racing.

It will be another late starter with doors opening hopefully at 4.00 PM and racing at 6.00. Heats will be 3 minutes which may well equate to six lap races!!

Also note, there is a fish and chippery across the road but it is VERY popular and waiting can be as much as fifteen to twenty minutes.

With all that said I look forward to seeing you all once again on the 25th OCT

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Cyph
FIGJAM Expert

Re: Slotcar Legends October round - Graceville

Post by Cyph »

I'd just to like to say I had an absolute ball racing last night, and did surprisingly well in the 4 door sedan class. All things considered, using a borrowed car and also suffering from a bit of race rust, I surprised myself with where I placed.

Trans Am was hilariously bad fun, as Phils masterfully painted car seems to be suffering from the dreaded death of its motor and not having sufficient brakes coupled with new tyres, and so in the 4th heat I borrowed Chris D's previously mint Bob Jane Camaro, and had no idea about where to brake for the corners for about 5 laps.

And the non-magnet rally class... well... I think anyone racing in that is insane, I was just happy to marshall the class.

See you all at the next Q32 round.
The Racer Administrator
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Slotcar Legends October round - Graceville

Post by wixwacing »

Glad you enjoyed it Rob! You probably didn't notice but the handbrake didn't work either!!??

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!