The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Wynnum SC re opens

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Wynnum SC re opens

Post by wixwacing »

There was a humble but dedicated turnout for the Wynnum Slotcar Centre renaissance. Owner operator Tony Rookas has worked diligentlyy to restore his dream of having his own track. So, after some tentative testing we jumped headlong into a racenight and how good was it! With 40 metres of braided track to use you could say some of us were spoiled for choice. But the onset is that there will now be regular racing and T&T's for the local racers.

On this particular evening we shut down two lanes to allow the small crowd to marshall successfully, but a couple of long races ensured everyone left well pleased. See for yourself.

The intent is to nurture the local slotcar scene in the greater Wynnum area which is as yet untapped. With talk that there is another track sceduled for the inner city area, it is wise to get the crowd on side early. First up was a good practice session where the guys got used to the track and I familiarised myself with the many functions and race styles. Eventually we settled for custom laps round robin, which worked well.

A couple of classes were run, first up being LMP's (18000 rpm @ 12V). This was a good challenge and eventually local guy Perry managed a win while I took a few laps getting up and running. The models performed well on this latge track considering the power was regulated to 12 volts. 13.5 volts or higher would have made the evening a different ball game.

Next up was Slot.it Group C although there were some other classes in the field. The main thing was that the models had the Slot.it orange motor (21,500 rpm @ 12V) Just as much, if not even more funn than the first class. With the 'two marshall' system holding and working you wouldn't know we were low on numbers.

Tony will be working hard to re envigourate the local scene and we have no doubts it will take a little time but watch out......Wynnum Slotcars are back!

Wynnum Slotcar centre race night was organised by WSC in cooperation with Slotcar Legends. If you would like more information or even be added to our event mail out list, or just pop in for a bit of sell time. Or if you are a group or organisation looking for track hire/party booking, please contact me at pwix@yahoo.com

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!