The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Al's Speedway

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Al's Speedway

Post by wixwacing »

Local racer and trackowner Alan Page has proved himself to be more than a little handy with the router and the soldering iron! At last weekend's race meeting we were treated to a turn and more on his latest creation. A three lane speedway oval. Al has made this track very professionally and he does himself greater justice with some of the models he has made to race on it.

These are the Monogram 1/24th scale speedway cars purchased off ebay. The plastic chassis have been substituted with soldered music wire chassis and some parts of parma chassis. The models have drop out guides and Plafit tyres giving the models a very stable stance and a good turn of speed.

Needless to say they are great fun, if a little fragile, but I'm sure any spin offs of these models will be just as entertaining.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
HotWheelsSteve
Spectator

Re: Al's Speedway

Post by HotWheelsSteve »

No less than 7 years later this Speedway oval has undergone a full refurbishment. A lot of work has gone into Alan Page's former pride and joy and we've made it more spacious and better to race on. I intend fitting a lap counter and landscaping the circuit with some ideas, so stay tuned and brush the dust off of your Midgets and Sprintcars!

Steve Magro, Brisbane
bozcorp61
Spectator

Re: Al's Speedway

Post by bozcorp61 »

Could we please have some pics of chassis and construction of these cars. I'm sure there will be some good iron work under there.
Greg