A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from Laguna Seeca (Strathpine)

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from Laguna Seeca (Strathpine)

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all,

Another amazing slotcar event from Bob and Julies attracted a good crowd for some unusual classes. The emphasis was on open motor classes so whatever you could keep on the track was the order of the day, and some surprises there were too!

First up was Classic sports cars, this was for two seaters from the fifties and sixties and there were some nice models brought to the start line. Best on the night was Gary and a suitable jiggered up Fly Ferrari 250 GTO, At one second behind, I managed a very plausible second with an SCX MGA in standard trim.

[pre]1. Classic Sports

1. Gary
2. Phil
3. Moby
4. Norm
5. Barry
6. Dave
7. Tim
8. Bob
9. Ken
10 Greg
11. Bill
12. Eggy[/pre][/size]

Next up was the Classics Trans Am class and again, the open motor rule was put to good use. The usual parade of Scaley Trans Am's filled the field and the odd SCX also made a show. Final flag with Gary once again taking first spot with a lowered '69 Camaro and I managed second with the Jim Hall Z28

[pre]2. Classic Trans Am

1. Garry
2. Phil
3. Norm
4. Barry
5. Eggy
6. Bill
7. Ken
8. Dave
9. Neil
10. Greg
11. Tim
12. Moby
13. Bob[/pre]

Third up was Classic Le Mans, this was a test of the feint hearted as all of a sudden the NSR's found their way on to the track ominous indeed, But the Strathpine track is a four lane Ninco track and that in itself can be a leveler. In spite of the ominous opposition, the Challenge never really arose. First home was Gary with his super quick Scalextric 'D' type which stuck to the track like glue, I came in second with a very quick (but not quick enough) Fly Ferrari 250 LM and Dave managed to get first home for the NSR's

[pre]3. Classic Le Mans

1. Garry
2. Phil
3. Dave
4. Ken
5. Barry
6. Greg
7. Tim
8. Neil
9. Moby
10. Bob
11. Eggy
12. Bill
13. Norm[/pre]

Last up was Classic Muscle Cars. This was shrouded in confusion as not many seemed to be able to translate the meaning of the class, as it happened it was supposed to represent the muscle cars of the sixties, and did not necessarily mean Trans Ams..... Classic NASCARS should have better described what was intentioned, but as it was there was a hotch potch of models on the track and eventually the racing was run and won. Gary managed his forth win with a lowered Scaley Torana and Greg drove a barnstormer of a race to keep Gary honest, also with a Torana. Newcomer Barry got third place with a re motored Trans Am.

[pre]4. Classic Muscle Cars

1. Gary
2. Greg
3. Barry
4. Phil
5. Neil
6. Ken
7. Norm
8. Moby
9. Dave
10. Bob
11. Tim[/pre]

A good afternoons racing and some good performances and a couple of trophies at the end. Well done to Neil in his first full on competition and also Bill who has been off the track for several years.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!