The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from Logan City Raceway

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from Logan City Raceway

Post by wixwacing »

Once again another great evening of slotcar racing with a manageable number and some good classes, and with the weather warming up it was a balmy evening in more ways than one.

First class was Can Am's and apart from the routine Carrera models there were a couple of strange models in the bunch, but no big threat so we let them be. Greg was always going to be the bride on the day and there were no surprises there. The fact that he beat me by 0.017 of a sec after nearly twelve minutes racing shows that one too many deslots can cost you the race! Not too much collateral damage and for the best part, most models finished the race intact! Moby and Caleb put in some good heats but Moby's experience won through to leave kid up the road off of the podium!

Next up was Indy/A1GP. There was a lot more close racing than I fully expected for this class but to offset that, there was heaps of track action and this time there were two or three models which finished the race a few grams lighter than when they started. This time it was Caleb's turn to head off into the sunset and keeping out of trouble allowed him to build a huge lead which was hard to close. Greg and I spent a lot of time amongst the pack but managed to keep out of some of the trouble. Bill drove a very nice SCX Ferrari to a well deserved forth spot and Neil, although he came last, did a commendable job with a '90's pre magnet SCX formula 1. Well done Neil.

Third class was the DTM round and once again there were some strange looking DTM's on the track but Legends racing isn't about strict rules, so some guys raced what they brought and everyone had fun. Bob bought a very nice selection as usual andthere was a fair representation of most makes on the track. Greg managed to win with his Carrera BMW M3 and I followed up second with four clear rounds with a very smooth sky blue SCX Merc CLK.

Forth spot on the card was DP's and the usual selection of Fly, Slot.it and Sideways were in abundance. Once again Bob chose to drive some very stunning liveries but this was a race of attrition and there were some very sick puppies by the end of the race.This time it was my turn for the podium top spot with an aging but still reliable Fly Riley detuned to an NC5 to make it drivable on the twisty bits of the LCR. Once again some very close racing and time for some midfielders to make a name for themselves. Neil once again drove his new SCX Porsche like the devil himself was on his tail, but a bit more experience might have seen him a couple of places higher in the results.

Once again a great afternoon and evenings racing and many thanks to Robyn and Greg for allowing us to their home.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!