A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from Perrorama

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from Perrorama

Post by wixwacing »

HI All

Another great days racing at Caloundra and some pretty stiff competition. First up was an evergreen favourite in the shape of Group one Classic Sports. A chance to bring out some old favourites in what is usually a very close class. Ninco Jags are usually fifty precent of the field and today was no exception. Eventually the racing was run and Norm's very fast MRRC Ferrari 275 with a Gp 1 motor proved too fast for the rest, but only buy one second at the finish!!.

Next up was Modern Nascar and three makes were in dominant contention here. Scalextric, Carrera and SCX. With nothing to choose between all three makes again it was going to be down to preparation and driver ability. Four drivers were returning the similar lap times and staying on would be the main decider, and after eleven and a half minutes racing the field was spread out in the following order.

Last up was LMP and again the leading makes were the same. These models were turning out some quick times with sub eight seconds to contend with. This time I spent five heats just staying on. Paul changed between a couple of models and spent too long off the track but still managed to hold out in front of third place Glen. Glen set the fastest lap time but must have had a monstrous last heat to turn in a ten second race average!! Both racers had left the door open and I took advantage of that!! My SCX Peugeot came home first and that was all I worried about.

Many thanks to Glen and Robyn for inviting us into their home and for a superb race day,

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Results from Perrorama

Post by Perro »

It was another good race meeting thanks to everyone involved Phil. That last class, the LMP's were lightning fast as you said Phil and I can't remember us doing sub 8.0's ever before in race conditions but as the results show and we all witnessed 2 or 3 guys managed to do just that with almost everyone having great race pace. I think that poor lap average by me in that last heat was a result of a wheel deciding not to join the rest of the car while exiting from under the bridge necessitating a substitute car for the remainder of the race. The joys of racing!

Just a reminder to everyone, Group 1 classes are NON mag. I found out after the racing had finished that a car was running fully magged up and the results affected. Everyone can bump themselves up one position as a result of this finding.

Thanks for the report again Phil and I look forward to having you all up here again soon.