The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results - Legends at the LCR

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results - Legends at the LCR

Post by wixwacing »

A good turn out for fledgeling racing on the Southside saw old faces and new turn up for an interesting afternoon and evening.

First up was the next round of the Daytona Prototype class. Most have these models but the odd person without was OK to race a Slot.it. With the track being in good condition for the event, there were some very impressive and attractive models being raced. A minor hiccup in the middle of the event did not deter anyone and eventually the last round was run and results broadcast. Mike Perry and Greg all put pressure on the front runner at one time or another but the skill was to be in staying out of trouble, which Phil did quite well! Even though Mike won all his heats, Phil finished his in a quicker time. An indication of some of the carnage that was encountered!

Next up was Modern Rally, Again some dark horses in this field. Would the Deering Skoda reign supreme or would the carnage keep him from victory?? As it happened he coasted to a comfortable win with Mike once again being the bridesmaid. A good drive from Neil with his gutsy SCX Renault five put him in the points and newcomer Karl did well.

Now it was LMP and with some very strong contenders in the form of Greg, Karl and Perry there could be no let up in this event. When Phil and Greg raced the same heats they traded blows lap after lap until Greg finally couldn't hold onto the pace any longer and a couple of deslots saw Phil push on to the finish and the rest to sort out the placings. Once again, Mike won all his heats but wasn't quite fast enough to Challenge the front runners.

Last up was the novel event, the idea being to run it as the old Bathurst style with classes for the V8 Mustangs and Camaros and another for the small cars like Minis, Toranas and Cortinas. On this occasion it was a difficult format to be worked on, but the overall results showed the separation along small car/V8 lines was blurred with no one model being dominant.Caleb cleaned up with his Mustang while Greg drove a mixture of small models including the new Mini and Cortina. Phil drove his Cortina exclusively to forth position while a variety of models made up the rest of the field

Another great day of racing and many thanks to all who turned up, we look forward to seeing you all again next month!

If you would like to join in the racing on Brisbane's South side please contact me on my links in the right hand sidebar.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!