The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from Laguna Seeca (Strathpine)

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from Laguna Seeca (Strathpine)

Post by wixwacing »

A good keen crowd assembled at Laguna Seeca for the re inauguration of the track. After a long layoff from racing due to technical problems the ball has once again started to role at this popular venue. In recent times the power supply has been upgraded and the controller plug sockets have been rewired to accept all the latest gizmos from Slot.it, Professor motor and the like.

Being the end of season meeting with no points accountable, Bob decided on a World GT event with four popular classes, GBGT, European GT, JGTC and US GT, with the models for each class requiring to have been built in the regions outlined. After some debate about the origin of some hybrids, homologation was achieved and racing got under way.

First up was UK GT and this was easy to work out, Aston Martins and Jags were the most popular, there were more than a couple of Morgans and with the exception of one other person I drove one of Ninco’s more driveable models, the Ascari. With a good number in attendance racing settled in and after some surprise performances the race concluded and the following results were posted.

Final positions left to right

Next up was the European GT class and this class was potentially going to be a Porsche pushover, but several people did make the effort, and something a little bit different did appear on the track, but alas, Porsche still ruled the podium. Just to show there is still useful life in older models, Glen drove his old faithful GT1 to a very creditable second spot, with the margin to first place being very fine.

The third event was for Japanese touring cars and many favourites took to the track for this event. Most entries were from the Scaley / Ninco stables but I decided to race an old Cartrix model I have had for some time now. These have a very excitable motor in them and they need to be driven well. It took me a couple of heats to tame it but once settled in I drove it hard to second place.

2 1 3

Last up was the US GT class and controversy (which I stayed out from) ruled supreme. As it happened I didn’t have a US GT car and I hired one at great expense from LCR impresario and entrepreneur Greg (Bernie) Deering. I’d like to thank Greg for riding shotgun on my tail for the duration of the race. The end results showed a Ninco Ford GT to be supreme, Second place was a Dodge Viper. There was only ten seconds separating first to forth after eleven and a half minutes racing.

With a total of fourteen drivers racing for the evening it was a fitting end to the season. Unbeknownst to me there was a trophy involved bases on each racers aggregate , and none were more surprised than me when I pipped Chris and Glen by the smallest of margins for the trophy.

Also I’d like to congratulate the driver who lost both front wheels in one event...... then one of the rear wheels, and then went on to finish the event in a respectable time......with one wheel!

Many thanks to all who attended, especially the growing contingent of Southside boys. I look forward to the next event.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!