The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Racing from Perrorama

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Racing from Perrorama

Post by wixwacing »

I managed to get to Glen's this weekend with the kind help of fellow racer Moby. A good afternoons racing on a fabulous track and some surprises to boot.
First up was Modern Rally. A good showing from a dedicated crowd and several makes on the track including Ninco, Scalextric. This is an 18000 rpm class and with some dogged racing and spectacular off's leaping the fencing to the floor, five heats proved too much for some and just right for others. Winning car was an elderly SCX Peugeot 206 with 4WD intact and a Pro turbo Motor.

Next event was the surprise to several of us and that was classic Nascar. Several racers had done their homework and the event looked like it was going to go to Moby's Monogram Galaxie, but a stroke of fate left him in second place at final results. Winning car was a very well prepared Carrera 57 Chevy.

Third class for the afternoon was BMW sedans, This was the most hotly contended event and there were some good and not so good drivers making the best of this superb track. Makes entered where as divers as Scaley, Fly, Ninco, Carrera, Cartrix and SCX. Eventually it transpired the race was going to go to either a well prepared Carrera BMW M3 or to an equally well prepared SCX M3. The last heat was run and the results showed there was less than ten seconds between first and second after thirteen minutes racing.....with the SCX BMW being the winner.

Yet another superb race day from an able track and a generous host. Well done Glen and family and I along with everybody, look forward to your next race day.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Racing from Perrorama

Post by Perro »

Hey thanks for the very kind words Phil. I can honestly say that it is me that gets the most from hosting when you guys come up to visit. It is a real pleasure to have our current bunch of guys over to race slotties or in Robyn's words, "to play cars". I was greatly relieved when the track surface was a lot better, grip wise, compared to the same track just a fortnight before. I think I may have finally cracked the right track preparation procedure after all these years and will keep to it if the results remain the same.

The highlight on the day for me was the Classic NASCAR/Stockers class. The racing was way better than I expected, perhaps due to how well most of the cars actually ran and that was across several makes and models. There was seldom a heat with 2 of the same cars lining up against each other and the sight of all that glorious yankee metal lined up on the starting line made for a great change too from our normal sports cars. So well done to all the podium winners and I hope to have you all back again when the urge to race cars takes over.

Cheers,

Glen