The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from the Logan citiy raceway

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from the Logan citiy raceway

Post by wixwacing »

A good start to the season and a good field for LCR's first race meeting for the year. Three fabulous classes, all picked with intent.

First up was historic Rally, pre 1970, motor class B. The intention of this was to wrong foot everybody as the guys normally race Historic Rally as an NC 1 class, and on a magnabraid track there was going to be a different choice of cars.

Next up was BMW sedans which was an informal test and tune session for those racing the up coming Slotsquad series. It is plain that Carrera have left their mark on this class and if you aren't going to be racing a Carrera you may well be on the outside. But my view is that it will be a horses for courses event??!! Stay tuned?

Last up was the fast class. JGTC. Again an unknown on Ferrodor and Magnabraid. Plenty of Scaleys and Nincos in attendance but a Lone Carrera car split the lead pack at the hands of the formidable track owner. Good driving chris and all I can say is "next time, Greg!"

In between times there was a display of some newly acquired speedway cars Greg had got from the US. these, although a little overpowered, where a good drive. There may be the possibility of a race session with these models as we know several of the local racers have more than one each! Stay tuned or contact me this board for further details!

Many thanks to Greg and Robyn for letting us into there home and using the superquick Logan City Raceway.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!