The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Local race events

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Local race events

Post by wixwacing »

The two most recent events to hand were the SEQSCC meeting on the 7th of June at Graceville and the first round of the Q32/Slotcar Legends 2008 second half series.

The SEQSCC event had no less than 15 contenders on their race night including some old faces. Good to see Chris Deitrich and Bill 'the Legend' Holmes mixing it with the rank and file once again. Chris proved he had not lost an ounce of talent in his lay off by slicing two seconds of the 'Outrageously large slotcar' challenge taking the fastest lap down from 35 secs to 33!!! Well done Chris.

The evening was an 'All British' affair with Minis, Jags, Aston Martins, BTCC's and Lotus/Caterhams all being put through the grinder. Most spectacular to me was the performance of the little Scaley rally minis against the BMW Minis. by far the quicker model but a razor's edge drive at best!!

Q32 Set off on the first round of their season with three good classes for contention. Classic Le Mans saw a plethora of Porsches and Ferraris take to the track with the 908's, 917's, Chevrons and the like being hard to beat. I manage to win two of my heats with a Scaley P4 and a GT40. Other classes were Hot hatches, needless to say the Ninco Meganbes were out in force with a couple of feisty Fly 147's mixing it with the guys. Trans Am classic finished off the trio and there were some classic duels in this class too.

Once again a good turn out with twelve names on the card. Good to see young Robert in the slot again with a demo of good driving and of course Chris once again ruled the roost setting fastest lap for the Trans Am class by a country mile. A post race sortie saw him drive Glen's Fly March GP model to a stunning 5.1 second lap on Blue lane. A later try on green saw the model shed a wheel and bring the attempt to a close but I'm sure there is a sub five second lap just around the corner at Laguna Seeca!

The next race meeting will be at Alan and Jacqui's at Clontarf on the 26th July.

Classes will be

1. NC1 Touring Cars
2. Premier Sedans (Aus V8's,Nascar and Modern Trans Am)
3. Subaru Challenge

See you there!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
TheOtherBill
Spectator

Post by TheOtherBill »

Just wondering if I could get an address for Alan and Jacquis, and what cars are in the NC1 Touring Class?

Bill
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

Gday Bill
Email,PM or call Phil for Al`s details, he organises all race meets.
NC1 touring cars are based on Ninco cars with the NC1 motor , cars like the Merc CLK, Audi A4, Vectra etc basically DTM cars with NC1 or NC8 motors.
The NC1 & NC8 are low revving motors, about 13500.
I have installed the replacement motor to the NC1 - the NC8 into a SCX Vectra DTM car.
hope this helps.
I`m sure Phil has his number on here somewhere in an email you have received.
Cheers
Jordan
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche