The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results, Q32 @ LCR

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results, Q32 @ LCR

Post by wixwacing »

A very pleasing turn out at its first official Q32 meeting for Greg and Robyn at Logan City raceway. A hardcore thirteen drivers took to the track with some of the best that Q32 could muster, but it was always going to be hard to do well against a few who call LCR home, and home track advantage was the dividing line on several occasions.

First up was all time Q32 favourite, Group 1 Rally for cars with NC1/NC8 motors. Biggest threat was going to be Gary and it almost materialised. In spite of winning all his heats he came in a close second to Chris (who also won all his heats) who drove a good race with a mixture of models. One being a Rally 997 that I fixed up for him that afternoon!!

There was a little bit of track learning from several people and one late comer had his opening heat driven for him. There was a gap after Paul as the rest of the pack vied for other placings. Other good performances were from Bob who managed a mid field result and myself, racing an old favourite Evo 7 outsider.

Next up was Group 5 /Sports sedans. With a diversity of models available for this class it was small wonder that Carrera was the choice of most on this very quick circuit. Alongside Carrera was the odd Fly car in the form of a Porsche 935 and M1 BMW’s. Gary chose his trusty Revell BMW320 but was experiencing mismatched controllers for this circuit.

Most prolific model had to be the Carrera De Tomaso Pantera, and it was the same model which had won at Caloundra which I drove to a decisive victory at Logan City. Best performance for the race had to go to host Greg driving what could have quite easily been a difficult model. But Greg drove Robyn’s attractive green and white Capri to a steady fourth spot.

Third and final class for the evening was Classic Trans Am and it was on the cards that a local Pioneer Mustang was going to clean up after a fastest lap of 3.4 secs in the opening heats. But with discretion being the better part of valour on the night, the racer in question chose to race other less dominant models for subsequent heats, Pheeeew!

This was a race of attrition and spills were part of everybody’s race. With staying on being the prime necessity, most of the leaders were caught up in track incidents. Chris took flag honours one second ahead of myself and Paul, Greg and Justin weren’t far behind, for them victory could have been a deslot away.

A great afternoons racing on the very fast Logan City raceway and a good mix of guys with lots of laughs. A ‘well done’ is due to young local lad Caleb who for a while there put the fear of slotcars into several racers three or four times his senior! And many thanks to Q32 for coming to LCR and thanks to Robyn and Greg for hosting the event.

‘Til next time.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!