The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from Laguna Seeca

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from Laguna Seeca

Post by wixwacing »

A manageable crowd made the trip to Bob’s for a race meeting with a few twists in the shape of some relatively untried classes. Southern visitor and friend Chris Uttley was in the crowd and looking forward to a good evenings race and, after a bit of a shaky start, he showed that he could mix it with the rest.

First up was the Classic Bathurst class which consisted of all models except the AVESCO cars. The easiest solution was to race a Classic Trans Am and a few people chose this option. Some of the racers dug out their Toranas which were a welcome site and not too dusty either. I decided to run my Dick Johnson liveried Sierra Cosworth (SCX).

Bob was a front runner in most of his heats and was hard to catch but it was to be Gary and his Torana which made it across the line first when the computer called time. A good race even if it was weighted a little towards the Trans Ams.

Next up was the novelty event, this was ‘Yank Tanks’ or Classic NASCARS. A good selection of models out for this event too with no one model being a front runner. The Revell models were running strongly and the Scalextric models were also keeping up.

Plenty of spills in this event and amongst all the incidents that befell people, Gary spent a few laps with an otherwise quick Fury cutting out unexplainably at will. Moby decided that the cause of his model sticking on the track was due to lack of clearance.

A couple of minutes with a bastard file did nothing to ease the situation and it was his turn to be anchor man in the results, and Alan had a quick model but spent valuable time being marshalled. I chose a Revell Galaxy, and almost in SOOB condition it managed to peg back everybody except Ken, who was very pleased with his win.

Last up was another round of the Megane Cup. With full magnet it would be hard to pick the best models on the night. The Ninco models were quick down the straight but they did give away a bit in the corners. A well prepared SCX car was as competitive on this occasion.

This time Alan stamped his mark on the event with a phenomenally quick Ninco Megane and it was all Chris and I could do to stay behind him with our SCX models. But we did finish in front of a lot of Ninco cars!! The final results were issued and Al was victor.

A great evenings racing and an early finish for once. Many thanks to Bob and Julie for hosting the event and arranging supper during the course of the evening.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!