The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Inaugural reopening of Four Seasons Slotcar Club

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Inaugural reopening of Four Seasons Slotcar Club

Post by wixwacing »

The re-inauguration of the Four Seasons slotcar club was celebrated with a Le Mans meeting at Eagleby in the southern suburbs of Brisbane. Race day was on a Saturday and the three events raced where good fast classes. Besides dividing the racers by ability into A and B groups, there was the added novelty of unofficial team racing. Here, two man teams were drawn by lot, with the group A driver choosing his team mate from the pot.

A good turnout for this event and some excellent driving. The pre established lap record took a hammering needless to say. The North side contingency put up a valiant fight across the afternoon, but I would have to say that on average, I suspect the southsiders may just have had the upper hand.

The first event was Slot.It Group C and a good cross section of models took part in this event. Saubers were out in number and there were a couple of vary nice Jags which, had they been mine, would have stayed in their box on the front of my display cabinet!! The models tyres were used and for the most part the Slot.It rubber hooked up well on the Carrera surface once a few laps of practice had been conducted.

Thirty laps race length was a good measure for this event and to me everybody enjoyed this rare occasion to race Slot.Its in an ‘open motor’ class. Results were:

Next up was Scalextric Le Mans Modern GT. Again, a good cross section and some very nice models on the track. No one model dominated particularly and I was please with the performance of my sole TVR which had been prepared for the occasion, but was still a little off the pace. Audi, Aston Martin and Porsche 997 were used for the most part and surprisingly, lap times were considerably better than the Slot.It class.

Last up was Scalextric LMP 2000 onwards. At first there was a dilemma as it looked that the ever quick Lolas would dominate but it was soon apparent that the Lolas days of supremacy were over and with some very quick modern LMP’s on the track it was going to be a case of staying on. Apart from the Lolas, Audis, Aston Martins and Porsches were in abundance and it was good to see a Porsche better the fastest Lola lap time. Once again, lap times tumbled and this proved surprisingly to be the fastest class of the afternoon.

For their efforts the victors received the spoils, in the form of Carrera F1 models, and cash prizes. Prizes were kindly supplied by Four Seasons Slotcar Club and Red Racer Hobbies, Clontarf. Chris graciously removed his name from the results for the benefit of the visitors.

A great kick off to a new venue and I for one look forward to more Southside racing both at Four Seasons and Logan City speedway. Both these venues have social racing on a weekly basis.

If you live on Brisbane’s southside and would like to be included in our mail out list or would like just to drop in, drop me a line at pwix@yahoo.com or call me on 3822 7003 (evenings).

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!