The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

4hr Plafit Enduro Race

Local racing fixtures and results
dangermouse
Engine Tech

4hr Plafit Enduro Race

Post by dangermouse »

Alan, Garry, Glen, Norm and I raced on Saturday at Andrew's track at Narangba in the Nissan 500 4 hr race. Cars were Mini-Z bodied plafit all beautifully set up by Werner from Ace Hobbies. We raced four 1 hour sessions including a stint driving in the dark. It was a lot of fun with some good spirited racing. Norm and Glen were lumbered with me - we came 6th, Al was in a hotter team with Garry and Werner and finished 3rd

Some photos

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHnwNqDphTA
Video of night racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxdzzYJ9jZI

cheers
David
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: 4hr Plafit Enduro Race

Post by Perro »

Hi David and a nice little thread you started there. As David has already mentioned the cars were nothing short of brilliant and were a real credit to the skill of Werner who prepped all the cars to be as identical in performance as you can get. They were a real pleasure to drive and so easy to get accustomed too. Just not as easy to go as fast as the front runnesr were going but I am sure that comes with more experience driving the Plafit/Mini Z style of cars. The lights made night racing a real life experience with very effective lighting that stayed on long after the car had stopped (up to 3 mins was typical). Andrew Bartholomew was the perfect host and the home style curry and macaroni was as good as it gets. It was way good. A big thanks to Norm for holding the team together and for all his pit work that without would have made for a pretty stressful event. I can highly recommend everyone that has not given the Plafit hard bodied cars a go to do just that with an open mind. They are tremendous to drive and look every part as good as a well detailed 1/32 car any day.

Cheers,

Perro