The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from the Paceway 20 08 2011

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from the Paceway 20 08 2011

Post by wixwacing »

Some good racing and a good turn out at Al's Paceway made for an enjoyable afternoon. Three good classes and some very close racing

First up was GT1 NC1. Chris drove a magnificent race with his tried and tested Marlboro McLaren and although Garry was flying, he was left in second place by a few seconds. I managed a respectable third place by the same margin with my hybrid Proslot Ferrari 360 with an NC1, just beating Al by one second after twelve minutes racing.

GT1 NC1

Next up was a bit of an unknown. Classic rally - open motor class? Mmmmmmm? Plenty of strange cars on the track and plenty of work to do to keep in front of them but eventually I succeeded with my Teamslot Renault A110. Norm had his demon Porsche 911 out for the occasion but it was going to be a battle of attrition with too many spills to get a good run in.

Classic Rally

Last up was the Classic Trans Am class and with a field heavily leaning towards Pioneer models , again an unknown until the final flag. Once again I eventually managed to run a standard unweighted Jim Hall Camaro to first place with Chris in hot pursuit with an early Scaley Camaro and Gary not far behind with his Pioneer notchback Mustang

Classic Trans Am

There was a little bit of a controversy over one of the GT cars so I decided to research it, and the result was that the Toyota GT1 was raced as a GT1 at the 1998 Le Mans, and then as an LM - GTP at the 1999 Le Mans ? read it as you will!

Once again a great afternoon's racing and many thanks to Al and Jaqci for inviting us to their home.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Results from the Paceway 20 08 2011

Post by Perro »

Nice work Phil. Sorry I was working and could not make it so I will hopefully be there for the next one. I notied the NC1 times were no slower than the Open classes, pretty neat. Also if I had remembered I would have also excluded those Toyota GT1's. They are the same category as the Slot-It and NSR cars and therefore have no place in that NC1 class even with the down graded motors in them.
paulthetexan
Team Strategist

Post by paulthetexan »

Hi Guys

Good to see strong numbers again . NC1 class still provide tight racing !
While I was looking over the results I noticed an anomilly that I'm hoping someone can explain .
I noticed that the Drivers average times don't correspond to their elapsed times . If you look at the data we have guys with faster lap averages placing behind guys with slow averages .

I also noticed if you tally the average time it doesn't equate to the elapsed time . I thought that if you did 10 laps at an average of 5 secs a lap your elapsed time would be 50 secs . Have a look at Chris and Moby's times in classic rally . If you look at averages then Kev should have won .They are the most obvious but this annomily is all thru the results . Can some body explain where I'm going wrong or where the timing is going wrong . I thought that calculating average and elapsed times was the most basic of calcs but the computer hasn't got it right once !

Paul
Go hard or Go home
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Well spotted Paul
Probably the only problem with this program is that when it posts results, the average time displayed is identical to the last heat average and not the whole race. If you run yours at home you will see this to be so. But, the average time for each heat is always right. Maybe I should email the programmer.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!