The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results and pics - Logan City Speedway

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results and pics - Logan City Speedway

Post by wixwacing »

Logan City raceway on the Southern edges of Brisbane held their first official race day on the track in it’s new location. Robyn and Greg have assembled a sizable 'Titan' shed in their yard to house the track, which used to be in a refrigerated container!! The track itself is MDF painted with Ferrador and has ‘Magnabraid. as the conductor rails. The track is also on castors which allows them to pull it out into the middle floor area when in use and back against the wall when not.

With a small but determined group the afternoon started with a shakedown of the models which were due to compete. Most racers had more than one model for each class which is reflective of the way we approach our racing, variety being the spice of life! Nonetheless, some good racing and for those new to the format a learning curve and a pleasurable experience.

First class up was Classic Le Mans with a variety of models taking to the track. A couple of Fly Carrera 6’s , Lola T70’s and a very useful Scaley P4 Ferrari. But the winner on this occasion was to be a Scaley Ford GT which, from the box, drove a faultless race and Greg behind the wheel left it for everybody else to do. I drove a steady Ferrari 512 and managed to hang on to second spot two seconds in front of Derak, despite being one of the slower cars on the track.

Next class was another favourite of those assembled, in the form of modern NASCARS. ON this track the SCX cars have a slight advantage over the Scaley and Carrera cars and most raced where the SCX models, although there were a couple of quick Scalextric.

Heat lengths were about three minutes for midfielders which was about right and at the end of 160 laps ( 4 X 40) there wasn’t a great deal in it . This time I managed to stay out of trouble and keep my nose in front, but it wasn’t that easy!

Last up was modern GT and once again, all these models were well suited to this track. Again, a good selection of models took to the track and it was always going to be anybody’s race.

A couple of Gulf Aston Martins looked good side by side in the race and Greg again did well with a brand new Maserati, but Chris managed to finish one place in front of him and one behind me.

Many thanks to Greg and Robyn for inviting us to their home. A great afternoon and time left over to run some other models. Many thanks to those who made it and we look forward to the next time.

And many thanks to our sponsors ‘Red Racer’ !!!

If you would like to be included in the southside race day mail out, please send your contact details to:

pwix@yahoo.com

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
John Grossbard
Spectator

Re: Results and pics - Logan City Speedway

Post by John Grossbard »

The track looks fantastic!
The shed looks a bit dodgy, are you sure it's legal?
Bumbles
Spectator

Post by Bumbles »

Your a fine one to talk Grossbard
Six of us crammed into that ramshackle hut of your's drinking homebrew Jack Daniels and trying to race on that old Carrera track while knee deep in porridge and soot!
Yeah that's legal....and healthy!
This place looks like Buckingham Palace compared to your Gordon Park shanty town.

P.s Fixing the hole in the roof would be a good start!
Sam Losco
Spectator

Post by Sam Losco »

Wow that track looks brilliant.
Great job, well done.

I do agree with Mr Bumbles about Grossbard's shed however, but the home made bourbon was passable.
Bumbles
Spectator

Post by Bumbles »

You should know Losco, you passed enough of it!