The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Legends at Clontarf - results

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Legends at Clontarf - results

Post by wixwacing »

Slotcar Legends had their first informal meeting of the year, hosted by Alan and Jacqi and run at Al’s Paceway at Clontarf on the Redcliffe Peninsula. The theme for this meeting was team racing and teams fluctuated in size depending on numbers that turned up. The classes had been pre picked for the event and they were to be
                        •	NASCARS
                        •	Rally
                        •	GT 1 / 2 / 3
All open motor classes.

There were nine at the start of the event and three teams were formed. Team captains were appointed fro the group a drivers and lots were drawn fro the remainder of the teams. As it happened , things panned out quite evenly and by the end of the day there wasn’t a great deal in it! The scoring was achieved by allocating points per position in each heat i.e. first place = 5, second = 3, third = 2 and fourth = 1.

The teams were as follows :

The team captains gave their teams a run down of tactics (or not) and the rest was left to fate. First up was NASCARS. This was a hot race and SCX NASCARS now seem to dominate this class. Phil played the joker and the Red team showed the way home, Gary’s mob (green) made a determined effort but Ken made sure he was going to be last in all his events. A similar fate for John as Rhys tried hard but couldn’t lift himself out of the doldrums.

Next was Rally, in this event Gary was glowing white hot and took maximum for his four heats but his team struggled in other heats. I struggled with a couple of ill prepared models and as a consequence let my side down badly. Newcomer Greg helped keep us off the bottom with a nippy SCX Skoda. The Yellow team were to be victors in this event . I suspect John was having a bit of input into his teams previous lack of form!

Last event was the GT class and as such, there were some devastatingly quick models on the track. Again Gary showed how it was done with a max for his four heats. Both Ken and Ian made the effort and accounted better for themselves. The Red team had it all to do, being the event leaders after the Rally class but loosing ground rapidly to the other two as the heats rolled on. Once again the Yellow team under the guidance of John pulled out a class win. But was it enough to offset their first class hammering!!!??? Mmmmmm.................

So, after five hours racing and pizza a-plenty, the scores were tallied using good old paper and pen!! And guess what..........?
Class				Team  Points

1st... Red Team... Yeeeeeeaaaaaah!!!!

Many thanks to Al for hosting the event and thanks to all who took part. More than I expected for the holiday weekend and well worth it on the day.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!