A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results - Q32@Mt Perrorama

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results - Q32@Mt Perrorama

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all

Another great Q33 race meeting, the constituents being good classes, good track and good company, and with fourteen in initial attendance, we had all of those in spades this weekend.

The NC1 class for Touring cars was a good balance. The Ninco Calibras were quick and Eggy's in particular was ripping off some very hot laps. Other Ninco tourers like the Alfa 155 were holding their own and a couple of Audi A4's put in some respectable turns of speed. Al chose what I think was a Fly BMW M3 with a BWA low power motor; this was also showing some good speed when it was needed. The racing was very close and by the end of twenty three minutes racing, there were five racers within touching distance of each other. 0.06 of a second was all there was between second and third.

Next up was the faster LMP class. A great variety of models in this race and a bit of an unknown. My choice was to pick something a bit quick and try to stay on! This methodology was to pay dividends. Once again Gary was going to be the one to beat but with Eggy, Perro and Glen lined up behind him there was no time for relaxing. Eggy's Carrera Peugeot was lapping very quickly and looked a delight to drive. With the same group lapping in the 8.4's the race eventually finished fourteen minutes later with another close bunch at the head of the field. My weapon of choice was the SCX Peugeot 908 with the RX42B motor.

Last up was the much awaited (by some) Group 5 / Sports sedan race. Once again a good selection of models and a couple of Fly BMW M1's looking decidedly lethal. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who was expecting Norms MRRC Toyota to leave us all for dead but somehow the threat never materialised and Norm even raced another model in some of the heats? Gary drove a very reliable Revell 320i into a well earned third place while Glen chose a small selection of favourites. Carrera also featured well with an Opel, a Ferrari 512 and a couple more showing pace. For this race I chose a Carrera De Tomaso Pantera set up for magnabraid, and it didn't let me down. This time the pack was a little more spread out which reflected the diversity of models on the track.

Another great days racing and a grand debut for the new Mt Perrorama. Many thanks to Glen and Robyn for inviting us into their home and many thanks for the refreshments and tasty bits supplied through the day.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Re: Results - Q32@Mt Perrorama

Post by Perro »

Thanks to everyone who turned up on Saturday. I had a good night and it is always great to see guys enjoying something that you have put together for the sole purpose of having fun like the track is. And I did learn a few things as a track host for the new track too. One was don't set up for a 25 lapper with the NC1 classes. Live and learn as the saying goes.

How good is it when a car like the Pantera gets up for a win like it did. First time winner I do believe. The Group 5 class was my highlight with wide variety of the class represented on track which is always great to see from the scale racers point of view. Also Phil it's correct etiquette to let the new track owner win more classes than any of his invited guests. Please keep this in mind and don't spoil the party next time!!!!

Yet again, thanks for another nice report Phil. I hope we can all get together again soon for another night like that.

Cheers,

Glen
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

[quote] Also Phil it's correct etiquette to let the new track owner win more classes than any of his invited guests[/quote]

I think we were both lucky Paul didn't show!!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
Perro
Team Strategist

Post by Perro »

I think we were both lucky Paul didn't show!!
I'm hearing ya!