A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Results from Mt Ommaney

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Results from Mt Ommaney

Post by wixwacing »

Sorry about the truncated report but here are the results

A superb evening's racing with sixteen in attendance for the kick off!! The NC1 Class was that close that for any one given point in time there were six or seven contenders for the lead. My Ferrari 360 was driving a dream and I felt good with it but a dodgy heat cost me dearly, Paul, Egg, Gary, Justin and Kev were all putting in good times but at the end it was Chris (who had bought his MJK's off me that afternoon!!!) who prevailed, and with four textbook heats, took first place.

Next up was Modern GP ('90 on) and as an untested class it was open to most. Again Paul, Egg, Gary, Norm, Justin and Kev were all contenders. A last minute change in plan saw me take and race my old faithful Ninco Ferrari F1 with steering! I tossed up between it and an SCX McLaren which was hot in practice but the Ferrari was so much easier to drive and I probably deslotted three time in twelve minutes racing. At the end of the race, a couple of keen slotistas were trying to get Bob to sell some of his Ninco GP collection..... You keep hold of them Bob!!!

Last up was JGTC. This was the feature race in my book and the same names once again knuckled down to do battle. Favourite Justin couldn't fire, this was attributed to the fact that his pack of Bundy and Coke had run out a couple of hours earlier and he was doing cold turkey!! One heat saw Paul called away on family business seconds from the start. He asked me to stand in for him and I managed one of my best heats, but it was credited to Paul. Did I shoot myself in the foot? Time would tell. Kev and I went lap on lap just centimetres apart at times. As the heat was coming to an end he made a concerted effort to catch me and closed the gap appreciably, but he was out of time and the race saw me finish centimetres in front at the last bend. Excellent drive Kev, and neither of us deslotted!

Bob brought along the trophies for the recently run 'Slotcar Legends' Classic Can Am series and in this Paul beat me by three points after six rounds to take overall first. Ken spent his time well over the months and came in first for group B drivers, mostly using the Revell/Monogram Lola I had re geared for him last year. Well done Ken.

Paul's first trophy series victory!

Ken first home for group B

Movie kindly shot and posted by user Dangermouse

As with all Brisbane meetings the host supplied a suptuous spread of chicken and salad which was greatly appreciated. Many thanks to Paul and Jen for allowing us in their home for a great afternoon/evening's racing. If you would like to join in the fun with this Brisbane based group, PM me this board or email me on pwix@yahoo.com

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!