The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Trophy Class

Local racing fixtures and results
dangermouse
Engine Tech

Re: Trophy Class

Post by dangermouse »

The Megane looks like a neat little car - but finding a non Ninco 1 one is proving a challenge - haven't checked with RR yet -but none of the other (Aust or OS) online slot shops have any

so if we do go with this class it may be difficult for folks to find a car.

I have seen the SCX ones but not sure that SCX and Ninco are in the same class - would appreciate any feedback on this point. SCX may be a better option for the tracks you guys run on.... I don't know

cheers
DM
kenneth
Team Strategist

Re: Trophy Class

Post by kenneth »

Thinking outside the square, here is an idea.

I have noticed on the specials page of TopSlots, SCX Seat Leon Touring Car - 2 liveries, for 16 pounds each, less VAT + Post.
I just put 8 of the cars (4 of each) in my shopping basket and checked the price shipped to Australia, came to $230 landed.

The idea is , we put 4 cars on the track with a lane colour sticker on each so for the duration of the class , they run the same lane and the people change, run a heat, then do the same with the other 4 so that each car never runs 2 races in a row, but everyone gets to race nearly every car.
EG
4 racers , 4 cars - run a heat, put rested cars on , 4 racers , run a heat etc etc.

Lets say there is 12 people at a min prepared to run it and it turns out to $20 each, roughly.

At the end of each night the cars are locked in case, a different person has the key to the case.
At practice of each trophy class event prior to racing start - between 2 & 4pm, the cars have the tyres oiled and the racers practice with them.

This would ensure all the cars are the same, standard tyres, no weight, and that driver ability is the key.
The cars would be ran SOOB - no tinkering, maybe glue the motor and bushes, true the tyres - thats it.

At the end of the trophy class, either raffle them all off or do a dutch auction , if you want a car put your name in a hat. I know there is only 8 cars and more people, but some might not want to keep that type of car.
At the end it is far less than buying a new car you don`t have for a minimum of $50, and you might not even like the car you are buying.
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche