A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Notice re Historic Can Am series

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Notice re Historic Can Am series

Post by wixwacing »

G'day all

A timely reminder as to the guidelines regarding the Historic Can Am rules. I have reproduced significant guideline concerns below

4. Motors are unrestricted and will be the motor that came with the model (see 6).
6. Vanquish MG models with either the motor or NC2/NC5 motors will be accepted.
7. Wheels will be the wheels for that model.
8. Any make of tyre can be used, but must not exceed the tyre width.
9. No part of either front or rear wheels (inc tyre) may protrude from the body when viewed from above.
21. All other Slotcar Legends guidelines which do not contradict this class guide apply. Anything not mentioned in the guidelines will be deemed not applicable

Qualifying Models

Historic Can Am 1966 – 1974

The list does not include chevrons

I can appreciate that one or two entrants do not have either the internet or email.This will NOT be accepted as a reason for not knowing the guidelines. As always, the emphasis is on the individual to make the effort and find out what the class guidelines are, preferably in hard copy form. 'He told me that!............" will aslo not be acceptable. It will be up to each entrant to make sure their car complies and if you are aware of somebody who doesn't have or use the internet, then feel obliged to bring this notice to their attention.

The next Legends round is on Dec 4th at Kim and John's place at Buderim. I will be scrutineering all entries in the break before the Can Am race and will be demonstrating zero tolerance. Likewise, my model will be open to inspection by a third party. So, if you have any doubts about your model, please get them clarified before the event, as on the day may be too late!

Please pass this on.

Thanks for you attention

Phil

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!