The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Guest at the Red team!

Local racing fixtures and results
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Guest at the Red team!

Post by wixwacing »

A couple of weeks back now the Red Team had a visitor from one of the great southern slotcar metropoli. Editor of the ASRRC magazine Chris Uttley was up on a family visit and kindly condescended to be a guest at a meeting of the Red Team at their home turf at Alexandra Hills. With doors thrown wide open, the 'Team' demonstrated impeccable hospitality to the ex patriot Queenslander.

Even the crowd were pleasesd to see Chris

Chris warming up for the set-to

A regular class at the Red Team.

More track than scenery - that's the way to do it!

Jags on the grid

The Godfather of Slot!

The crowd have something to laugh at!

Supper

Rally night section

The Red Team home track

The end of a good night's racing!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Re: Guest at the Red team!

Post by yankfaraway »

All great shots, and as usual, I wish I could attend sometime, but this time, you've shown the food. What IS that? Do you dip it in that tomato sauce I see on the side?
joe19
Spectator

Post by joe19 »

yankfaraway wrote:All great shots, and as usual, I wish I could attend sometime, but this time, you've shown the food. What IS that? Do you dip it in that tomato sauce I see on the side?
We call the round ones 'Maggot Bags' and the ones that look like short, fat logs are 'Snag Rolls'. Both contain meat (allegedly) and the Maggot Bag has a gravy-like sauce. They are both encased in pastry and baked. It is usually assumed that they both contain 'lips'n'arseholes' i.e. the stuff scraped off the abbatoir floor. The tomato sauce 'Dead Horse' is usually 98% chemical concoction with a token amount of tomato concentrate to somehow qualify it as food. And yes, we eat this stuff. Lots of it. Hope that helps expand your culinary knowledge.

Joe.
Real Men Race Torinos
kenneth
Team Strategist

Post by kenneth »

That would be more commonly known as party pies and sausage rolls. Sorry to kill local vernacular.
And i reckon pigs Lips`n`arseholes are more along the line of frankfurts to be honest, the others are akin to roadkill stew.
Hope this makes our race night snacks more appealing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
`It is better to enter a turn slow & come out fast, than to enter a turn fast & come out dead` Ferry Porsche
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

Well Rob

I fully expected that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's why I left it to the locals to accurately describe it.

Yep, they are party pies (mini meat pies) and mini sausage rolls with a dollop of red jollop to wash them down. There are also copious quantities of another type of red which helps to wash THAT lot down. believe me, they make a welcome impromptu snack!!

This is what it can do to you :

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!