Racing on Brisbanes Southside

Local racing fixtures and results

Racing on Brisbanes Southside

Postby wixwacing » Mon 13 Nov, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi fellow racers, just a quick note to let you all know racing at Eagleby Raceway last Saturday was another great success with NC1 Historic, BTCCs LMPs and a new formula of Sports Sedans was introduced, with the class being ''open'' to and make and model, (except open wheel cars) and run on the Carrera track with normal voltage.
Many different brands were brought along, with Sideways, NSR, Scalextric, SCX, Monogram just to name a few brands that sometimes just sit on the shelves never having a class to race in, but Sat night was different, we introduced a lap cut out time (set at 6.5secs) this then was the key to close racing with the fastest cars setting the pace, but not daring to go to fast for fear of losing a lap, and hence a place, it really was amazing close racing, with some drivers trying to encourage others to ''go faster'' *;) winking the fastest lap time recorded was a 6.58 by the Stig with many other drivers just falling foul of the 6.5 limit!
Anyway it was the most fun for a while, and will surely be tried again in the near future,

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Return to S.E.Queensland Racing News