The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

'Tin Shed' wines

Squeezing out those last few tenths
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

'Tin Shed' wines

Post by wixwacing »

Slotcar racing shares a lot of motor skills (and I don’t mean model motors) with a lot of hobbies. In its more artistic sphere, the hobbyist can call upon skills requiring a steady hand and a clear eye. I know when I sit down to do a model and the ‘ambience’ isn’t quite right, it is useless for me to tackle some of the more intricate tasks without first inducing a state of oneness with the hobby. This can be achieved in several ways but my favourite way is to calm the nerves by imbibing a hydroxyl compound distilled from hydrocarbons!!

I have several favourites which spring to mind when scanning the shelves of the local ‘bottloe’ but just lately fate has decreed that my new found allayer should be one aptly named product from the Barossa Valley. Bearing in mind the Outhouse’s logo, I now duly award this drink the appellation of “Official Outhouse beverage – potable for all slotcar occasions” to induce a steady hand and a keen eye.

Enjoy

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
ddyke
Pitcrew

Post by ddyke »

I finally figured out why you burn food -- you're drunk! Food always tastes good when you are drunk.
Scrappy Dan
When I'm not eating food or sleeping, I'm down in the basement, wrecking slot cars!
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Post by wixwacing »

<br><br><center>
Food always tastes good when you are drunk.
Too true Dan, especially if I've cooked it. I figured that all that carbon would soak up the hydrocarbons much like an auto charcoal canister!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
yankfaraway
Telemetry

Post by yankfaraway »

I seem to be surrounded by genuiese-geniususes-genius guys. Since I'm drinking it right now, I'll add my favorite to the list- Abita Amber Wheat Beer. I love it. Its made in Abita Springs, just outside New Orleans on Lake Pontchartrain, in St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana. I grew up in the deep bayou country beyond there, so the fact that they make really tasty weissenbrau there would have endeared me to the brew even if wheat beers weren't already my favorites. I can never go home any more, since they more or less paved the woods and filled in the bayous, but retired here in Virginia, 1000 miles away, I can reach back somehow and be the bayou boy with the crab traps, crawfish skeins, and gator stories just a little bit, when I taste the excellent brew of some other bayou boys who never left the shores. (Well, I did tell you I had been drinking.)