The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Re glue that motor

Squeezing out those last few tenths
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re glue that motor

Post by wixwacing »

For some time now I have been gluing in loose and errant motors to stop the incidence of hopping and juddering when racing in non magnet or board track situations. Ninco cars seem to be the worst offenders and one of the on going problems is that in an enduro or a race of several minutes, the 'hot' glue gets hot (heated by a hot motor!) and goes soft, whereby it then proceeds to demonstrate some of its hitherto bad habits.

What to do, well, if your not in a rush and don't need an instant fix, try painting a modicum of white 'PVA' glue carefully on the cleaned ends of the motor, refit the motor in cleaned mounts and leave it to dry for 24 hours in situe.

The motor is quite firm and doesn't move when it gets hot. I'm running a couple of models at the moment which have recently had this treatment and as yet they haven't let me down.

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!
abarthmike
Spectator

Re: Re glue that motor

Post by abarthmike »

Re un gluing and re gluing motor I do this with self adhesive aluminium foil tape. Only works of course on cars with flush motor so not Scaelextric. Easy to do, easy to remove and sticks like.. well glue.

Not my idea.
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Re: Re glue that motor

Post by wixwacing »

Hi Mike,

I have seen this in other places. Is it effective for board racing, where there must be absolutely no movement in the motor or the rear end will tramp?

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!