The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Wheels and tyres for dirt/speed cars

Squeezing out those last few tenths
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Wheels and tyres for dirt/speed cars

Post by wixwacing »

Always looking for solutuions to slotcar problems the most recent we had was what to do with some speed cars which had worn out foam tyres which weren't scale to start with and didn't grip that well either on our Ferrodor surface! We also thought it would be nice if we could move away from foam into urethane. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. The solution as seen by local racer Greg was to put some MJK Fly truck super singles on his 1/24th speed cars, Mmmmmm. I had a chat with Ian from MJK, Australia's premier Urethane tyre manufacturer, and he agreed that he would send me out a set of wheels that had a 1/8th" axle hole instead of the normal 3/32"! After a short delay, the wheels and tyres turned up and slid with ease onto the speed cars 1/8th axles. A quick nip of the grub screw and the model was track bound. The transformation was amazing! The model immediately became a ball of fire, putting the other non converted model to shame. So, if you want to liven up a dreary speed car and put some 'zing' back in its life......call the boys at MJK (link below) and get yourself a set of modified supersingles and stand back!!!

MJK Engineering

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!