The Slotcar Outhouse

A 'no bull' site for 1:32 slot car racing. Home of the 'Slotcar Legends'

Useful Testors products for scratch builders

How DO they do that??
wixwacing
Marshal!!!

Useful Testors products for scratch builders

Post by wixwacing »

It goes withoout sayiong that testors are one of the premier paint manufacturers when it come to model building but those of us who don't live in North America are probably not quite as aware of what other useful products are available locally. As well as making all sorts of modeling aids they make very keenly priced air brushes (complete with a 'how to' video).

Testors Air Brushes

Something else caught my eye today when I took a trip to the local hobby store. A do it yourself decal kit for PC and printer! They probably will fall a little short of a professional job but if you are looking to personalise your models, these decals are better than no decals, don't you think?

Testors Custom Decal System

Also when browsing I came across what can only be described as potential slotcar material. This is their 'Rad Rides of the Road' gift set. Containing two 1/32 models screaming for a kit bash, and complete with paint and decals!

Rad Rides of the Road

So if your looking for something to do when you are whiling away those 35C days in the comfort of your air conditioned garage this summer, get yourself started on the scratchbuilding trail, you won't regret it, trust me!

When I'm not racing slotcars,
I'm out in the back yard, burning food!!

When I win, it's because of my talent, not my car or my controller!